POSITION TITLE: Conversion Crew
DEPARTMENT: Arena Operations
REPORTS TO: Conversion Crew Supervisor
DATE: March 29, 2019
Responsible for performing work as needed to set-up, tear down and prepare for events at the BB&T Center.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
- Conversion (back and forth) from professional Hockey Arena to large scale Concert/ Event venue.
- Set-up seating arrangements and supporting furniture for concerts, hockey games, dinners, parties, and banquets.
- Set-up signage, banners, and other conversion responsibilities from one event or game to another.
- Installation, repair, and removal of arena parts and seating.
- Respond to requests from management, vendors, guests, event, and team representatives to move furniture, boxes, and equipment.
- Satisfy requests from vendors, guests, team, and event representatives to relocate materials and equipment on event day and during events.
- Set-up and breakdown barricades, tables, chairs, risers, and stages around the arena.
- Distribute Panthers “giveaways” to each arena entrance.
- Build and disassemble “risers” and stages for concerts and other events.
- Store, retrieve, and re-arrange various items in our storage areas for all departments.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED
- The ability to understand instructions from supervisor(s) and arena management.
- Ability to lift 65 lbs.
- Work weekends, nights, overnights, holidays
- Ability to climb, crawl, kneel, squat, bend and extend arms or legs fully.
- Ability to operate forklift and warehouse equipment (Not required but preferred)