*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Last Updated: April 2021
Job Title: Panther Patrol
Department: Community Relations
Reports To: Sr. Director of Foundation & Community Relations
Employment Type: Part-Time
Location: BB&T Center
The Florida Panthers are a community focused organization lead by an authentic management team that served our country and now serves the South Florida community. The organization is on the rise and is experiencing success both on and off the ice. Lead by new General Manager Bill Zito and three-time champion Head Coach Joel Quenneville, the Panthers are off to the second-best start in franchise history. Off the ice, the business team is seeing growth across all key metrics including ratings, social engagement and a busy 2022 concert schedule. Meanwhile the organization is expanding outside of the BB&T Center and recently purchased property in Downtown Fort Lauderdale to build a new practice facility and concert venue.
Part-time seasonal position. The Street Team consists of an energetic group who are enthusiastic about promoting the Florida Panthers Hockey Club. Members must be upbeat, outgoing individuals with the ability to interact with all types of people.
- Responsible for set-up and teardown at the Panthers TARMAC PARTY at all home games.
- Work off-site events (street hockey/school programs, sports tournaments, sponsor appearances, etc.) to promote the Panthers. Responsible for set-up and teardown as well as distributing promotional items while interacting with fans.
- Drive Panthers “Promotional Vehicles” to and from events. Accountable for loading vehicles prior to events with all necessary items and unloading at the end of events.
- Assist with organization and maintenance of the Marketing storage units.
- Work closely with and communicate effectively with Game Presentation, Fan Development, and Marketing staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Possess a valid driver’s license, automobile insurance and a good driving record
- Previous Marketing/promotional experience preferred; previous experience working for a college or professional sports team a plus
- Fun, energetic and outgoing personality
- Ability to be a team player
- Reliable, punctual, and professional attitude
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
- $13.00/hour – part-time/seasonal position
- Bilingual Preferred
This position works in an arena where the noise level is generally high, crowd traffic is heavy, temperatures are variable – often cold; lights are bright or dark with occasional exposure to flashing lights and pyrotechnics.
Walking – Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
Standing – Particularly for sustained periods of time.
Lifting - Raising objects from a lower to a higher position (up to 25 pounds) or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
Balancing – Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces. This factor is important if the amount of balancing exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion and maintenance of body equilibrium.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a Part-Time position. Hours of work are based on event schedule and are mostly nights, weekends and occasional holidays.
At the Florida Panthers, Arena Operating Company, Panthers Ice Den, and Sanza Food Service we strive to make every employee feel valued and respected for who they are and the unique contributions they make. We believe that a diverse and inclusive company is a more innovative and successful company, which is why we aim to infuse diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) into all aspects of our culture and our business. Our approach to DE&I is focused on five key pillars: Employee Engagement; Education; Workforce Diversity, Communications, and Community Impact.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.