*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Last Updated: October 2019
Job Title: Mascot Assistant Intern
Department: Game Presentation
Reports To: Mascot Coordinator
Employment Type: Part-Time
Location: BB&T Center
The Florida Panthers are seeking an incredibly outgoing, organized, and personable individual to serve as an assistant for the Team’s official mascot, Stanley C. Panther and will function as an extension of the Stanley character. The ideal candidate will perform at community events and occasionally home games in front of a live audience of all ages and demographics. Additionally, this position will require exceptional organizational and communication skills as responsibilities will also include working with the Panthers Game Presentation Department in the office.
- Perform alongside Stanley as an extension of the character brand and persona during games and off-site appearances such as birthday parties, school assembly programs, and corporate or community events.
- Provide logistical assistance to Stanley during appearances to create a positive environment for all fans and guests.
- Assist with overall promotion and marketing of Stanley to achieve maximum exposure and revenue.
- Maintain inventory of all mascot props, giveaways, and operational supplies.
- Provide photo and video documentation of Stanley’s skits and appearances
- Assist with Stanley’s social media with the objective of event summaries, grow a fan base and to generating revenue.
- Must have experience performing/hosting in front of crowds (acting, theatre, or entertainment experience a plus).
- Previous mascot experience on the collegiate or professional level strongly recommended.
- Must possess incredible interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills and positive attitude.
- Must be able to relate with fans of all ages and demographics.
- Must be punctual and possess good time management.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including afternoons, nights, and weekends.
- Must be available for all Panthers’ regular and postseason home games.
- Ability to take direction and constructive criticism.
- Ability to work incredibly well under pressure (strong improvisation skills a plus).
- Must possess a basic knowledge of the National Hockey League.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Ability to Ice Skate is not necessary but preferred.
This position works in an arena where the noise level is generally high, crowd traffic is heavy, temperatures are variable – often cold; lights are bright or dark with occasional exposure to flashing lights and pyrotechnics.
Walking – Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
Standing – Particularly for sustained periods of time.
Lifting - Raising objects from a lower to a higher position (up to 40 pounds) or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
Talking - Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Hearing - Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
Stooping - Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full motion of the lower extremities and back muscles.
Kneeling - Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
Crouching - Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
Climbing - Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized. This factor is important if the amount and kind of climbing required exceeds that required for ordinary locomotion.
Balancing - Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces. This factor is important if the amount of balancing exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion and maintenance of body equilibrium.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a Part-Time position. Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and occasional holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.