*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Last Updated: September 2019
Job Title: Guest Services & Security Representative
Department: Guest Services
Reports To: Guest Services Manager
Employment Type: Part-Time
Location: Florida Panthers IceDen, Coral Springs, FL 33065
The Florida Panther Hockey Club is looking for a part-time Guest Services & Security Representative for their training facility in Coral Springs, FL. This position reports to the Guest Services Manager. The guest services employee will be responsible for providing hands-on support to ensure efficient operation of skate rental and the on-ice safety of all guests. They will also assist with security detail when necessary during team practices and events.
- Monitors all public session skating events both on and off the ice.
- Assists in the general maintenance and upkeep of the ice arena area including sweeping, cleaning, and other custodial duties.
- During public skating, issues skates and monitor the skate rental counter.
- Maintains rental skates
- Supervises skating to ensure safe operations.
- Administers first-aid as required.
- Provides excellent customer service at all times, and ensures that all policies are properly implemented
- Knows emergency procedures for building and evacuation plan.
- Ensures the overall cleanliness of Panthers IceDen lobby and rentals areas.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Assist in security and monitoring of rink during team practices.
- 16 or older, college student preferred
- Must be able to work weekdays (7am-6pm)
- Strong Ice-Skating skills; must be able to skate and pass a skating test.
- Effective leadership skills
- Must have a positive attitude and be willing to work
- Prior Ice-Skating rink experience preferred.
- Professional appearance and presentation
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
This position works at a professional ice rink, where the noise level is generally high, crowd traffic is heavy, and temperatures are often cold; lights are bright or dark with occasional exposure to flashing lights.
Walking – Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
Lifting – Raising objects (up to 50 pounds) from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
Talking - Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Standing - Particularly for sustained periods of time.
Hearing - Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a Part-Time, seasonal position. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including late nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.