Last Updated: January 2022
Job Title: Dishwasher
Department: Sanza Food Service
Reports To: Concession Kitchen Manager
Employment Type: Part-Time
Location: FLA Live Arena
The Florida Panthers are a community focused organization lead by an authentic management team that served our country and now serves the South Florida community. The organization is on the rise and is experiencing success both on and off the ice. Led by new General Manager Bill Zito, the Panthers had their best start in franchise history. Off the ice, the business team is seeing growth across all key metrics including ratings, social engagement and a busy 2022 concert schedule. Meanwhile the organization is expanding outside of FLA Live Arena and recently purchased the FTL War Memorial in Downtown Fort Lauderdale to build a new practice facility and concert venue.
The Dishwasher position is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for dinnerware, glassware, cooking utensils using machine and /or manual cleaning methods. The dishwashing workstation must be maintained in a clean, safe manner following all Health Department Food & Safety Regulations.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Set up and breakdown dishwashing station before and at the end of meal prep
- Collect used kitchenware from kitchen workstations
- Sort and rinse dirty dishes and cookware, place in dish washing racks, and send through dishwashing machine
- Wash specific items by hand (wooden cutting boards, large pots, and delicate dishware)
- Sort and store clean dishes in the appropriate area
- Ensure there are enough clean dishes, utensils and cookware, especially during peak hours
- Maintain cleaning supply stock
- Monitor washing machine operation and promptly report any technical/performance issues
- Follow all Health Department Food & Safety Regulations
- Sweep workstation floors
- Remove garbage regularly
- Sanitize dishwashing workstation, including floors
- Previous work experience as a Dishwasher or Wait Staff a plus
- Previous experience with industrial dishwashing machines is a plus
- Ability to follow instructions and assist with various tasks as needed
- Must be detail oriented with a focus on quality and consistency
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic a must. Must have a “team-first” mentality with an eagerness to learn
- Must be able to perform physical requirements of the position, including bending and/or lifting up to 50lbs and standing/walking for extended periods of time without sitting
- Must be able to work in an environment where noise level is generally high with heavy crowd traffic
- Must be able to work in an environment with fluctuating temperatures, often cold
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a non-exempt position. Must have flexible hours with the ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed
At the Florida Panthers, Arena Operating Company, Panthers Ice Den, and Sanza Food Service we strive to make every employee feel valued and respected for who they are and the unique contributions they make. We believe that a diverse and inclusive company is a more innovative and successful company, which is why we aim to infuse diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) into all aspects of our culture and our business. Our approach to DE&I is focused on five key pillars: Employee Engagement; Education; Workforce Diversity, Communications, and Community Impact.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.