Last Updated: January 2022
Job Title: Concession Supervisor
Department: Sanza Food Service
Reports To: Concession Manager
Employment Type: Part-Time
Location: FLA Live Arena
The Florida Panthers are a community focused organization lead by an authentic management team that served our country and now serves the South Florida community. The organization is on the rise and is experiencing success both on and off the ice. Led by new General Manager Bill Zito, the Panthers had their best start in franchise history. Off the ice, the business team is seeing growth across all key metrics including ratings, social engagement and a busy 2022 concert schedule. Meanwhile the organization is expanding outside of FLA Live Arena and recently purchased the FTL War Memorial in Downtown Fort Lauderdale to build a new practice facility and concert venue.
The Concession Supervisor is responsible for overseeing a wide variety of concession outlets and portables, including, but not limited to, pre-event setup, event day operations and event specific closing/ check-out. A primary function of this position is to serve as a team member liaison and support the development and implementation of new ideas, practices, and policies throughout each operation. The Concession Supervisor reports to the Concession Manager and is a part-time, event-based position located within the Food and Beverage Department of FLA Live Arena. Hours for this position fluctuate depending upon the event schedule.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Have complete knowledge of all menu items, production specs, ingredients, measurements and presentations
- Assist with pre-event setup including stands and portables, setting stanchions and back of house spaces where/ when appropriate
- Verify all stands/portables opening inventory for any discrepancies and sign beginning inventories
- Understand and ensure proper execution of responsible alcohol service
- Understand and ensure that all Health Department Food & Safety regulations are followed
- Provide oversight to all stand and portable operations and monitor/ support expeditor efforts, cashier efficiency, etc…
- Assist the Concession Manager with training of team members to ensure their success and the success of the department as a whole
- Assist with in-event coaching as it pertains to proper practices/ procedures; communicate with management regarding these efforts following each shift
- Monitor food temperatures and storage to comply with food safety regulations
- Monitor food and beverage quality and presentation throughout the event
- Monitor stand/bars/portable wait times and escalate concerns when crossing communicated service thresholds
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of all areas within the concession stand
- Conduct/ complete end of the night walk-throughs to ensure all inventory is secured and all spaces reflect proper sanitation and appearance standards
- Ensure all event documentation is completed and signed at all locations; including, but not limited to stand inventory sheets, void logs, spoilage tracking, food temperature logs and non-chargeable requisition forms
- Be comfortable with the arena and know how to navigate personally, as well as, assist guests
- Support any other Food & Beverage department as needed
- Monitor and work with team members during events to ensure excellent customer service standards are met
- Partner with the F&B and FLA Live Arena Senior Leadership to ensure a successful operation
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- 1-2 years’ experience in a leadership role working in a fast-paced hospitality environment a plus
- Must be extremely organized and detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Must possess a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills; establishing and maintaining effective relationships with fellow worker and supervisors
- Must be able to work in an environment with fluctuating temperatures, often cold
- Must be able to work in an environment where noise level is generally high with heavy crowd traffic
- Must be able to perform physical requirements of the position, including bending and/or lifting up to 50lbs and standing/walking for extended periods of time without sitting
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a non-exempt position. Must have flexible hours with the ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed
At the Florida Panthers, Arena Operating Company, Panthers Ice Den, and Sanza Food Service we strive to make every employee feel valued and respected for who they are and the unique contributions they make. We believe that a diverse and inclusive company is a more innovative and successful company, which is why we aim to infuse diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) into all aspects of our culture and our business. Our approach to DE&I is focused on five key pillars: Employee Engagement; Education; Workforce Diversity, Communications, and Community Impact.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.