Last Updated: January 2022
Job Title: Beverage Barback
Department: Sanza Food Service - Beverage
Reports To: Manager, Beverage
Employment Type: Part-Time
Location: FLA Live Arena
The Florida Panthers are a community focused organization lead by an authentic management team that served our country and now serves the South Florida community. The organization is on the rise and is experiencing success both on and off the ice. Led by new General Manager Bill Zito, the Panthers had their best start in franchise history. Off the ice, the business team is seeing growth across all key metrics including ratings, social engagement and a busy 2022 concert schedule. Meanwhile the organization is expanding outside of FLA Live Arena and recently purchased the FTL War Memorial in Downtown Fort Lauderdale to build a new practice facility and concert venue.
The Bar Back assists the Bartenders in delivering exceptional service to bar patrons. This is a part-time, event-based position located within the Food and Beverage Department of FLA Live Arena. Hours for this position fluctuate depending upon arena event schedule.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Set the bar up for service, including icing the bars and fruit delivery. Also break it down after service
- Maintain proper parts within the bar, meaning correct alcohol brand, correct size beer etc.
- Run alcohol, mixers & food to the bar and overall maintain the continuous smooth running of the bar.
- Understand and execute responsible alcohol service
- Understand and maintain sanitation and food safety as it relates to the food and beverage industry
- Checking draft keg levels throughout assigned areas and change as needed
- Assist Bartender with the preparing of drinks
- Have full knowledge of food and beverage menu items and accompaniments
- Be comfortable with the arena and know how to navigate personally, as well as, assist guests
- Work with counterparts of operation to ensure event standards of service are reached
- Support any other Food & Beverage departments as needed
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisors and managers
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Proven customer service skills
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional organization and prioritization are a must
- Schedule flexibility to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to work in an environment with fluctuating temperatures
- Must be able to maneuver a keg of beer with fellow team member assistance
- Works well with others; establishing and maintaining productive relationships with fellow workers and supervisors
- This position works in an arena where the noise level is generally high, crowd traffic is heavy, temperatures are variable – often cold; lights are bright or dark with occasional exposure to flashing lights and pyrotechnics.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a non-exempt position. Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends & holidays.
At the Florida Panthers, Arena Operating Company, Panthers Ice Den, and Sanza Food Service we strive to make every employee feel valued and respected for who they are and the unique contributions they make. We believe that a diverse and inclusive company is a more innovative and successful company, which is why we aim to infuse diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) into all aspects of our culture and our business. Our approach to DE&I is focused on five key pillars: Employee Engagement; Education; Workforce Diversity, Communications, and Community Impact.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.