Last Updated: February 2020
Job Title: Part-Time Security
Reports To: Director, Security
Employment Type: Part-Time
Location: BB&T Center
· Coordinating various deliveries
· Controlling and Monitoring security cameras
· Monitoring exterior doors to the building and maintaining a secure environment for our visitors
· Controlling guest/vendors access to the Arena
· Ensure all areas are kept professionally and cleanly during shift
· Follow safety and security policies, programs and procedures
· Ability to handle the telephone and speak openly and professionally
· Ability to manage crisis situations in the event of emergency and fire
· Work with al department to ensure the building’s needs are met
· Other duties as assigned
· Must conduct building security checks of all floors during 8-hour shift
· Mostly evening 3 pm – 11 pm and overnight 11 pm – 7 am
· Previous experience is a must
· Passion to work with people and willingness to learn
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
· Detail‐oriented, team player, professional demeanor and assertive
· Degree of self‐motivation and ability to work alone if necessary
· Must have a flexible schedule and be available on weekend/overnights
· Customer service experience
· Reliable transportation
· Punctual and dependable individual with a positive attitude
· Applicant must possess a valid Florida Class D Security License
· Must pass background check
This position works in an arena where the noise level is generally high, crowd traffic is heavy, temperatures are variable – often cold; lights are bright or dark with occasional exposure to flashing lights and pyrotechnics.
Climbing - Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized. This factor is important if the amount and kind of climbing required exceeds that required for ordinary locomotion.
Balancing - Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces. This factor is important if the amount of balancing exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion and maintenance of body equilibrium.
Stooping - Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full motion of the lower extremities and back muscles.
Kneeling - Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
Reaching - Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
Standing - Particularly for sustained periods of time.
Walking - Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
Pushing - Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
Pulling - Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
Lifting - Raising objects up to 30 pounds from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
Talking - Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Hearing - Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a Part-Time position. Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and occasional holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.