*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Last Updated: October 2021
Job Title: Front Office Associate
Department: Office Services
Reports To: Assistant General Manager
Employment Type: Part-Time
Location: Panthers Ice Den
This is an entry-level position within the front office at the Panthers IceDen. The ideal candidate will have a friendly and outgoing personality while also being very detail orientated and possessing strong customer service skills. They should be responsible, very professional and able to handle complicated situations and a variety of personalities.
- Facilitate customer registration by using the point-of-sale system to register and take payments for figure skating programs, hockey leagues, private lessons, public skating, birthday parties, etc.,
- Process cash/credit card payments and count out cash register at the end of each shift.
- Answer in-coming phone calls. Be able to answer any questions a caller may have, transfer them to another department as needed, and take & distribute accurate messages.
- Operate office electronics including photocopiers/scanners, Point of Sale system, telephone system and personal computers.
- Assist upper management with booking birthday parties and camp field trips.
- Greet and interact with customers to provide information about upcoming programs, camps, and events. Ensure all customers are checked in and have their temperatures taken and help enforce building mask policy.
- Maintain a clean and organized front office. Restock program flyers as needed, inform upper management when new orders are needed.
- Help with daily projects like stuffing goodie bags, creating locker room schedule, inventory counts, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 17 years of age.
- Must have strong communication skills, be detailed and possess excellent problem-solving skills.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to handle fast pace environments and multiple tasks at once.
- Must be a team player and have a positive attitude.
This position works in an arena where the noise level is generally high, crowd traffic is heavy, temperatures are variable – often cold; lights are bright or dark with occasional exposure to flashing lights and pyrotechnics.
Balancing - Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces. This factor is important if the amount of balancing exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion and maintenance of body equilibrium.
Stooping - Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full motion of the lower extremities and back muscles.
Kneeling - Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
Crouching - Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
Reaching - Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
Standing - Particularly for sustained periods of time.
Walking - Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
Pushing - Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
Pulling - Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
Lifting - Raising objects up to 30 pounds from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
Grasping - Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
Feeling - Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
Talking - Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Hearing - Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Repetitive motion - Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a Part-Time position. Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and occasional holidays.
At the Florida Panthers, Arena Operating Company, Panthers Ice Den, and Sanza Food Service we strive to make every employee feel valued and respected for who they are and the unique contributions they make. We believe that a diverse and inclusive company is a more innovative and successful company, which is why we aim to infuse diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) into all aspects of our culture and our business. Our approach to DE&I is focused on five key pillars: Employee Engagement; Education; Workforce Diversity, Communications, and Community Impact.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Licenses & CertificationsRequired COVID-19 Vaccination Card