*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Date Posted: November 2019
Job Title: Arena Operations Ice Technician
Department: Arena Operations
Reports To: Manager, Arena Operations
Employment Type: Part-Time
Location: BB&T Center
The Arena Operations Technician is responsible for maintaining the ice surfaces and related equipment and the overall general maintenance support of the facility.
- Provide ice cuts at specified times according to the ice schedule
- Check outside perimeter of the ice surface including goal nets and storage areas
- Edge each ice surface at the end of each day
- Complete circle check of Zamboni and sign off on Zamboni log at the beginning of each shift
- Check compressors, dehumidification unit and other machinery and complete logs on regular intervals.
- Walk building to ensure locker rooms, party rooms and other areas are secured
- Maintain cleanliness of the Zamboni room and operations areas
- Check ice depth on each surface when requested by Operations Manager
- Report any repairs and damage to Operations Manager
- Conducting a final walk through of the building and ensuring all public areas are cleaned and building is secure.
- Assist in cleaning locker rooms, bathrooms and all public areas of the building
- Removal of all trash from property.
- Assisting with hanging signs, set up of conference room and/or building for special events.
- Other duties, cleaning and otherwise, as deemed necessary or as directed.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid driver’s license
- Must possess recent related experience in the preparation and maintenance of ice.
- Candidate will meet the physical demands of the job, which include lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Candidate will have the ability to work as a team player and have good self-motivational skills
- Sound organizational and time-management skills.
- Job reliability, diligence, dedication, and attention to detail.
- LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
This position works in an arena where the noise level is generally high, crowd traffic is heavy, temperatures are variable – often cold; lights are bright or dark with occasional exposure to flashing lights.
Climbing - Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized. This factor is important if the amount and kind of climbing required exceeds that required for ordinary locomotion.
Balancing - Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces. This factor is important if the amount of balancing exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion and maintenance of body equilibrium.
Stooping - Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full motion of the lower extremities and back muscles.
Kneeling - Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
Crouching - Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
Crawling - Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
Reaching - Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
Standing - Particularly for sustained periods of time.
Walking - Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
Pushing - Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
Pulling - Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
Lifting - Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
Grasping - Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
Feeling - Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
Talking - Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Hearing - Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
Repetitive motion - Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a Part-Time position. Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and occasional holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.