Date Posted: May 14th, 2019
Job Title: Director, Premium Seating
Department: Ticket Sales
Reports To: Vice President, Premium Sales and Corporate Partnerships
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: BB&T Center
Reports directly to the Vice President, Premium Sales and Corporate Partnerships, the Director, Premium Seating is responsible for reaching all premium sales goals. In addition, primary responsibilities include developing relationships with community partners and developing Premium Sales Staff.
• Managing, mentoring and developing the Premium sales staff.
• Responsible for maximizing revenue for Sunrise Sports & Entertainment through Season Tickets and Premium inventory for the Florida Panthers and BB&T Center.
• Develop effective tracking programs to ensure Premium Sales Team Members are successfully meeting their annual goals.
• Conduct face to face sales presentations with prospects and potential customers.
• Manage account relationships to exceed established sales goals.
• Develop ideas and plans for generating additional revenue through all sales channels.
• Work closely with VP’s to build a strong sales culture.
• Maintain a strong knowledge of business and entertainment initiatives and provide accurate sales forecasts and reports to management in a timely and consistent manner.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Strong presentation, communication, organization, and time management skills
• Experience in working with all levels within an organization from assistants to CEO’s.
• Self-driven, motivated and results oriented
• Strong work ethic and a desire to continue a career in professional sports
• Ticketmaster, Archtics, Internet, software, and Microsoft Office including PowerPoint experience required.
• Live and work by the CATS values – Commitment, Attitude, Trust, and Standards.
• Proven track record of consistently exceeding corporate objectives and expectations
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university - MBA a plus;
• Minimum of 5-8 years of increasingly responsible experience in sales, preferably with a sports facility/pro team, and including at least 2-4 years of management responsibility.
This position works in an arena where the noise level is generally high, crowd traffic is heavy, temperatures are variable – often cold; lights are bright or dark with occasional exposure to flashing lights and pyrotechnics.
Walking – Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
Standing – Particularly for sustained periods of time.
Lifting - Raising objects from a lower to a higher position (up to 40 pounds) or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
Balancing – Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces. This factor is important if the amount of balancing exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion and maintenance of body equilibrium.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a Full-Time position. Hours of work are based on event schedule and are mostly nights, weekends and occasional holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.