Last Updated: July 2020
Job Title: Account Executive, New Business Sales
Department: Ticket Sales
Reports To: Sr. Manager, Ticket Sales
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: BB&T Center
The Florida Panthers Hockey Club is looking for the next key piece to join the staff and help build the excitement at the BB&T Center. In this fast paced, competitive and fun office culture we are looking for future sales and marketing leaders who want to be a part of something special and take their careers to the step beyond Inside Sales. An Account Executive at the Florida Panthers will sell new season, partial, group and premium accounts and sell premium/group inventory for concerts and shows. We encourage open communication and expect our Account Executives to assist in generating new ideas to increase ticket sales while aggressively trying to help the team on the ice by providing a home ice advantage at the BB&T Center. The Account Executive will sell and service new and existing accounts, generate new ideas to increase ticket sales, and execute basic office tasks as needed.
- Responsible for maximizing revenue through face to face sales of Florida Panthers ticket packages including season tickets, partial plans, group tickets and premium seating.
- Make 60+ outbound touch points daily from provided lists.
- Set and conduct 10+ face to face appointments/ in-arena tours/virtual tours per week to assist in closing new business.
- Actively self-prospect and research new sales leads and potential clients through various platforms.
- Proactively work to create new revenue opportunities with existing customers through ticket plans, referrals and the seat relocation program.
- Build and enhance current relationships to grow account base through repeat business and referrals.
- Meet or exceed weekly and monthly ticket sales goals.
- Handle incoming calls from sales prospects and existing clients.
- Utilize Ticketmaster’s ticketing software, Archtics, to manage customer accounts.
- Work games and other events to support ticket sales initiatives.
- Provide excellent service through phone calls, emails, written communication and in-person visits in the office and special events.
- Familiarity with Archtics and CRM Platform.
- Minimum of 2-3 years sales experience, preferably in sports/entertainment required.
- Highly motivated, aggressive, competitive and committed to the sports industry.
- Strong communication and computer skills.
- Superior time management and presentation skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized; ability to handle several projects at once.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed, in addition to traditional business hours.
- Passion for a growth-oriented career in sales.
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college/university in a related field required.
This position works in an arena where the noise level is generally high, crowd traffic is heavy, temperatures are variable – often cold; lights are bright or dark with occasional exposure to flashing lights and pyrotechnics.
Walking – Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
Standing – Particularly for sustained periods of time.
Lifting - Raising objects from a lower to a higher position (up to 25 pounds) or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
Balancing – Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces. This factor is important if the amount of balancing exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion and maintenance of body equilibrium.
Talking - Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Hearing - Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a Full-Time position. Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and occasional holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.