In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Job Title: Maintenance Engineer (Part-Time)
Department: Arena Operations
Reports To: Senior Engineer/Maintenance Supervisor
Employment Type: Part-Time
Location: FLA Live Arena
The Engineer role is a part-time, exempt (hourly) position within the Operations Department of FLA Live Arena. This position is responsible for performing maintenance duties as required and should be capable of responding to and resolving building-related problems and/or service requests. The successful candidate must be able to work independently, as well as in a team dynamic.
- Has knowledge of basic tools and organizing skills.
- Able to patch and paint in different applications of facility maintenance.
- Assist in the preventive maintenance of equipment located in the facility.
- Able to perform minor plumbing repairs.
- Maintains proper inventory of parts and supplies needed.
- Inspects and troubleshoots equipment as required.
- Performs special projects involving construction or changes to building or building systems.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED and technical school or advanced certifications a plus.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of building systems, equipment, maintenance procedures, tools, controls, and construction practices.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have working knowledge of computers. Ability to learn new computer software programs required.
- Previous experience in public assembly venues or large commercial buildings preferred.
- Ability to interpret blueprints and technical documents a plus.
- Must have ability to work safely and follow company safety procedures.
- Must have valid Florida driver’s license. Forklift and man lift certification a plus. Ability to obtain these certifications is required.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- This position requires the ability to interact with all types of people. Must be able to get along with co-workers, customers, vendors, management and visitors to the facility. This position requires the ability to respond professionally to all individuals and work as a team player. The overall company goal is to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external clients.
This position works in an arena where the noise level is generally high, crowd traffic is heavy, temperatures are variable – often cold; lights are bright or dark with occasional exposure to flashing lights and pyrotechnics.
Climbing - Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized. This factor is important if the amount and kind of climbing required exceeds that required for ordinary locomotion.
Balancing - Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces. This factor is important if the amount of balancing exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion and maintenance of body equilibrium.
Stooping - Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full motion of the lower extremities and back muscles.
Kneeling - Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
Crouching - Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
Crawling - Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
Reaching - Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
Standing - Particularly for sustained periods of time.
Walking - Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
Pushing - Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
Pulling - Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
Lifting - Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
Grasping - Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
Feeling - Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
Talking - Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Hearing - Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
Repetitive motion - Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a Part-Time position. Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and occasional holidays.
At the Florida Panthers, Arena Operating Company, Panthers Ice Den, and Sanza Food Service we strive to make every employee feel valued and respected for who they are and the unique contributions they make. We believe that a diverse and inclusive company is a more innovative and successful company, which is why we aim to infuse diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) into all aspects of our culture and our business. Our approach to DE&I is focused on five key pillars: Employee Engagement; Education; Workforce Diversity, Communications, and Community Impact.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.