*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
About Oilers Entertainment Group:
Oilers Entertainment Group (OEG) delivers North America’s leading sports and entertainment experiences to connect our fans to their passions. Located in the heart of the ICE District, OEG owns the 5-time Stanley Cup Champion Edmonton Oilers, the WHL’s three-time Memorial Cup Champion Edmonton Oil Kings, and the AHL’s Bakersfield Condors. OEG operates Rogers Place, North America’s premier and most technologically advanced sports and entertainment venue. The 18,647 seat, $480 million arena is among the most technologically enabled sports facilities in North America as well as the first LEED Silver-certified NHL Facility in Canada. OEG also owns and operates Edmonton’s high-performance health and fitness club, Archetype, and is co-owner of film production company Silver Pictures, one of Hollywood’s highest-grossing producers of all time.
At Oilers Entertainment Group, our vision is to be a Global Leader in Sports & Entertainment. Together, we inspire our fans by connecting them to their passion, which is ours as well! We play like a team and always work with integrity towards our common purpose. We have a commitment to innovation and growth, combined with performance excellence that ensures a fair return on investment. We develop our people to be leaders in our industry and we invest in our communities. Through our world class talent, we strive to WIN. ON and OFF the ICE.
Reporting to the Director, Ticket Sales, the Manager, Group Sales will lead the day-to-day operations and coaching of the Group Sales Team to achieve sales targets. The Manager will execute and assist in developing the annual Group Sales strategic plan for both the Edmonton Oilers and Edmonton Oil Kings. The Manager will get the pleasure of developing and growing their individual team members on a daily basis to both increase their sales acumen, but also their ability to be future leaders at OEG.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage day-to-day activities of the Group Sales Team, including providing direction for sales efforts, goal setting and motivation
- Lead a robust development program, including a regular cadence of training and practice sessions
- Campaign planning and execution in coordination with Marketing, Business Intelligence, Ticket Ops and Ticket Service
- Work with Account Executives on developing and advancing their individual sales pipelines
- Participate and contribute in Ticket Sales management meetings regarding all areas of the department
- Assist in building and maintaining the department culture as outlined in the Ticket Sales Department playbook
- Oversee game night execution of Group Sales events, experiences and activations
- Attend sales meetings with Account Executives
Education, Experience and Skills:
Humility – The ability to work as a productive team member and strive to develop each day
Desire – The willingness to go above and beyond for clients, teammates and yourself. The will to win.
Self-Awareness – The ability to understand and appropriately react to the social dynamics of client meetings, internal interactions and peer-to-peer relations
- Possess a minimum two years of sports ticket sales experience (preferably in Group Sales)
- Possess strong communication skills, including listening, presenting and written skills
- Possess a desire to lead a team of Account Executives via hands-on coaching, continual development and personalized attention
- Possess a strong knowledge-base of Group Sales strategy
- Be willing to work weekends and evenings, including games and various events
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Must have access to a vehicle and a motor vehicle license for Alberta (or ability to obtain one prior to employment).
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma is an asset
Only those individuals moving forward in the hiring process will be contacted.
Experience Preferred - 3