*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
About Oilers Entertainment Group:
Oilers Entertainment Group (OEG) delivers North America’s leading sports and entertainment experiences to connect our fans to their passions. Located in the heart of the ICE District, OEG owns the 5-time Stanley Cup Champion Edmonton Oilers, the WHL’s three-time Memorial Cup Champion Edmonton Oil Kings, and the AHL’s Bakersfield Condors. OEG operates Rogers Place, North America’s premier and most technologically advanced sports and entertainment venue. The 18,647 seat, $480 million arena is among the most technologically enabled sports facilities in North America as well as the first LEED Silver-certified NHL Facility in Canada. OEG also owns and operates Edmonton’s high-performance health and fitness club, Archetype, and is co-owner of film production company Silver Pictures, one of Hollywood’s highest-grossing producers of all time.
At Oilers Entertainment Group, our vision is to be a Global Leader in Sports & Entertainment. Together, we inspire our fans by connecting them to their passion, which is ours as well! We play like a team and always work with integrity towards our common purpose. We have a commitment to innovation and growth, combined with performance excellence that ensures a fair return on investment. We develop our people to be leaders in our industry and we invest in our communities. Through our world class talent, we strive to WIN. ON and OFF the ICE.
Reporting to the Manager, Group Sales, the Account Executive is responsible for creating revenue through the sale of group tickets to Oilers and Oil Kings games. The Group Sales Team is segmented into sales categories where Account Executives will specialize in their specific areas: Youth Sports, Schools, Performance Groups, Community Groups or Businesses. This position will get the opportunity to plan, sell and execute group sales initiatives and experiences for their clients.
Does this sound like You?
- You have a passion for sales
- You are eager to hunt and close new business opportunities
- You are customer-centric, both internal and external
- You enjoy working in a competitive and fun sales environment
- You are both logical and creative when it comes to problem-solving
- You are a lifelong learner and are always eager to teach yourself, and others, new skills
- You are a team player always ready to collaborate and share
- Your proud to represent your team at community events
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
- Actively sell Oilers and Oil Kings group tickets
- Create and build relationships with new and existing group sales clients and prospects in their specific sales tiles
- Active outbound prospecting via phone, email and other technologies
- Perform in-game seat visits to clients and prospects
- Plan and execute group sales experiences and events
- Support other team member events with their event execution
Education, Experience and Skills:
Humility – The ability to work as a productive team member and strive to develop each day
Desire – The willingness to go above and beyond for clients, teammates and yourself. The will to win.
Self-Awareness – The ability to understand and appropriately react to the social dynamics of client meetings, internal interactions and peer-to-peer relations
- Strong relationship building skills, including listening, presenting, written and communication skills
- Be willing to work weekends and evenings, including games and various events
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Must have access to a vehicle and a motor vehicle license for Alberta (or ability to obtain one prior to employment).
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma is an asset
Only those individuals moving forward in the hiring process will be contacted.
Experience Preferred 1