Reporting to the Assistant Manager, Security & Systems, the Security Control Room Operators have the responsibility to monitor and control various equipment and systems throughout the control room to ensure safe and efficient operation during normal and emergency situations.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
- Understands crowd dynamics, individual behavior and safety issues and based on the situation can direct the appropriate, measured response.
- Monitor, operate, and control computerized safety systems, including CCTV, on a continuous basis during normal and event operations.
- Coordinate response to incidents by taking appropriate corrective actions, and communicating status of safety systems to various personnel to ensure that they conclude the incidents in a manner that meets operational, environmental, and safety commitments.
- Maintain constant watch over all operating equipment through monitoring control room instrumentation, computer screens and alarms, ensuring that the equipment is performing according to prescribed characteristics for a safe and efficient operation.
- Utilize the various department-approved reporting methods to accurately record and log all appropriate incidents and logs as required for normal operations, incident response, and property tracking.
- Work in collaboration with Shipping & Receiving Administrator to assist guests, visitors, contractors, and internal departments with access control.
- Support Event Command as an Event Dispatcher or Event CCTV Operator in a proficient manner.
- Assist guests, visitors, contractors, and internal departments with access through electronic and key-based access control systems.
- Enforce policies and regulations while applying knowledge of specific acts, laws, and statutes.
- Effectively shifts priorities and associated strategies to respond quickly to emerging opportunities and risks.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Preference will be given to those applicants who possess one (1) year of experience in a security control room/dispatch environment and possess intermediate level computer application knowledge.
- Must hold a valid security license under Security Services and Investigators Act.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification will be considered an asset.
- Ability to manage critical events and prioritize in an emergency, providing clear direction in operational, safety, and environmental tasks.
- Cooperates with other team members while working towards the group’s objectives.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills, including report writing.
- A committed pro-active approach to upholding the Rogers Place guest experience philosophy.
- Punctuality, discipline, and sound judgement are critical in this environment.
- Possess manual dexterity required to operate keyboards, push buttons, dials, and mechanical-actuating devices.
- Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Ability to work evening, weekend and holidays as required
Only those individuals moving forward in the hiring process will be contacted.