*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
About Oilers Entertainment Group:
Oilers Entertainment Group (OEG) delivers leading sports, entertainment and other special event programming to fans and patrons in Canada and the United States. OEG owns the five-time Stanley Cup Champion Edmonton Oilers, the WHL’s three-time Memorial Cup Champion Edmonton Oil Kings, the AHL’s Bakersfield Condors and operates Rogers Place, the new home of the Oilers and Oil Kings, located in ICE District, Canada’s largest mixed-used sports and entertainment development. OEG also owns and operates one of Canada’s most accomplished television, event and brand-promotion companies. For additional information, visit www.rogersplace.com
Vision: To be a global leader in Sports and Entertainment
Mission Statement: WIN. ON and OFF the Ice.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Operations, The Assistant General Manager, Guest Experience is responsible to oversee and direct all aspects involving the delivery of exemplary front of house services and special event operations, including the strategic management of key aspects of guest experience for Rogers Place, Ford Hall and ICE Plaza. This role is responsible for the overall strategy, direction, coordination, budgeting and evaluation of the key front of house areas.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversees the development of the departmental operating budgets and manages expenditures throughout the fiscal year including forecasting and analyzing labour costs
- Leads the Guest Experience and Security team and support other Rogers Place service teams. Adjust, analyze and enhance in-venue service opportunities as required
- Develop an annual matrix of projects, roles and responsibilities of various programs and post event notes and analysis
- Strategic management of the Events department including but not limited to, creating formalized processes to improve client service, find cost efficiencies and generate additional revenue
- Leads the part-time staff recognition programs across all front facing departments at Rogers Place.
- Strategic management and implementation of Rogers Place Venue Specific Training module across all customer facing departments
- Lead the team to develop a list of opportunities for greater efficiency and drive creative solutions for improved financial contribution to OEG.
- Oversee the program to drive fan entry into Rogers Place, Ford Hall and ICE Plaza including the use of mobile ticketing to expedite access into Rogers Place
- Support the development of service excellence guide and matrix of premium hospitality spaces
- Work closely with other customer service departments to create and drive superior venue-wide guest feedback programs
- Partner with Food and Beverage Services to develop efficient service delivery with support from Rogers Place staff
- Partners and collaborates with all other venue team members to execute events
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years front of house management experience in a large public assembly facility; preferably with sports and entertainment.
- Proven knowledge & experience in management, leadership, strategic planning, and operations of large public assembly facility.
- Supervisory and management experience (direct reports).
- Strategic focus with a dedication to leading and delivering internal and external service excellence.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Highly visible leader with a proven track record to successfully lead a multi service team.
- Strong ability to manage and coach others and effectively supervise.
- Experience in management of annual operating budgets.
- Highly organized, resourceful and proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Dedicated to leading and delivering internal and external service excellence.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work an event based schedule which includes evenings, weekends and holidays.