*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
About Oilers Entertainment Group:
Oilers Entertainment Group (OEG) delivers leading sports, entertainment and other special event programming to fans and patrons in Canada and the United States. OEG owns the 5-time Stanley Cup Champion Edmonton Oilers, the WHL’s Edmonton Oil Kings, the AHL’s Bakersfield Condors, and operates Rogers Place, the new home of the Oilers and Oil Kings in downtown Edmonton. OEG also owns and operates one of Canada’s most accomplished television, event, and brand-promotion companies and has recently added Silver Pictures Entertainment to its growing sports & entertainment business.
The part-time Arena Technician is responsible for the maintenance and operation of all aspects of Field of Play and mechanical systems for Rogers Place. Reporting to the Supervisor, Ice Operations and the Supervisor, Engineering, the Arena Technician has responsibility for all Field of Play components including but not limited to Ice, Dasher Boards, Acrylic, Spectator Netting, Goal Frames, Ice Edgers, and Zambonis and mechanical systems including but not limited to HVAC and refrigeration during events.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
- Serve as one of the on-site Arena Technicians for Rogers Place events
- Install and maintain the ice surface to high standards according to Rogers Place plan
- Record and maintain accurate readings and log books
- Maintain Refrigeration, HVAC and other mechanical systems
- Maintain all “Field of Play” components
- Maintain Ice Resurfacers and Edgers
- Operate equipment such as forklifts, bobcats, floor scrubbers, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Skills:
- High School or Technical School diploma or combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Valid Province of Alberta, or Inter-provincial Fifth Class or higher Power Engineer’s certificate will be considered an asset.
- 5+ years in Field of Play Operations will be considered an extreme asset.
- Knowledgeable in all regulations such as building codes, fire and health department regulations, OH&S, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills: highly organized, results oriented with the ability to be flexible, and to work well under pressure, strong level of initiative required
- Functional knowledge of facility maintenance including but not limited to ice maintenance/operation, electrical systems, centrifugal chillers, HVAC systems, steam, ammonia refrigeration, plumbing systems and equipment control systems
- Strong technical abilities with Microsoft programs and familiarization with computerized maintenance systems an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of sports facility operation is required
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical blueprints and schematics
- Experience with operation and maintenance of ice resurfacing machines is preferred
- Must be available for shift work, weekends and holidays
Only those individuals moving forward in the hiring process will be contacted.
Preferred - 2