*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
- Install and maintain the ice surface to high standards according to Rogers Place plan
- Record and maintain accurate readings and log books
- Maintain Refrigeration, HVAC and other mechanical systems
- Maintain all “Field of Play” components
- Maintain Ice Resurfacers and Edgers
- Operate equipment such as Zambonis, forklifts, bobcats, floor scrubbers, etc.
- Leads by example by displaying a high standard of performance with the ability to communicate these expectations to the team to achieve above expectation results
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years in Field of Play Operations or mechanical experience will be considered an extreme asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of facility operation is preferred
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical blueprints and schematics
- Experience with operation and maintenance of ice resurfacing machines is preferred
- Knowledgeable in all regulations such as building codes, fire and health department regulations, OH&S, etc.
- Proficient in the use of automation systems
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills: highly organized, results oriented with the ability to be flexible, and to work well under pressure, strong level of initiative required
- Functional knowledge of facility maintenance including but not limited to ice maintenance/operation, electrical systems, centrifugal chillers, HVAC systems, steam, ammonia refrigeration, plumbing systems and equipment control systems
- Strong technical abilities with Microsoft programs and familiarization with computerized maintenance systems an asset
- High School or Technical School diploma or combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Valid Province of Alberta, or Inter-provincial Fifth Class or higher Power Engineer’s certificate is an asset.
- Must be available for shift work, weekends and holidays