Reporting to the Director Payroll & Benefits, this role would be responsible for processing payrolls accurately, on a timely basis, while continuously looking to identify efficiencies. The Administrator, Payroll would also assist with UltiPro and/or ABI projects including development, reporting, and the implementation of new initiatives.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
- Process Canadian hourly payroll (bi-weekly) and salaried payrolls (semi-monthly)
- Process US Full-time salaried payrolls (semi-monthly) and hourly payroll (bi-weekly)
- Cross train as back up to other Payroll Administrators
- Process new hires, terminations, employee changes (address, dependents, and bank information), pay rate changes, promotions, misc. deductions, commissions, bonuses, and benefit changes. Verify time from Time and Attendance system and import hours to payroll.
- Calculate and verify each payroll, creating employee files and general filing of employee information and pay period back up
- Assist in year-end related activities, including taxable benefits and producing T4’s and W2’s
- Assist with month end and fiscal year end reporting including reconciling payroll general ledger accounts
- Building and maintaining trusted working relationships by providing excellent customer service and contributing to a positive and efficient working environment
- Additional duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Skills:
- 1-3 years of experience payroll processing including duties such as: running bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll.
- Designated Payroll Compliance Practitioner Certification or ability to get certified is required.
- Experience with Payroll & Accounting software with a preference for UltiPro and Great Plains is required.
- Experience or an understand of benefits and benefits administration is an asset
- Capable of handling confidential, sensitive and personal information
- Strong planning and organization skills to determine priorities with strict deadlines
- Well organized with superior attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; particularly Excel
- Accounting knowledge sufficient to perform journal entries and payroll account reconciliations
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment