*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Oilers Entertainment Group (OEG) delivers North America’s leading sports and entertainment experiences to connect our fans to their passions. Located in the heart of the ICE District, OEG owns the 5-time Stanley Cup Champion Edmonton Oilers, the WHL’s three-time Memorial Cup Champion Edmonton Oil Kings, and the AHL’s Bakersfield Condors. OEG operates Rogers Place, North America’s premier and most technologically advanced sports and entertainment venue. The 18,647 seat, $480 million arena is among the most technologically enabled sports facilities in North America as well as the first LEED Silver-certified NHL Facility in Canada.
At Oilers Entertainment Group, our vision is to be a Global Leader in Sports & Entertainment. Together, we inspire our fans by connecting them to their passion, which is ours as well! We play like a team and always work with integrity towards our common purpose. We have a commitment to innovation and growth, combined with performance excellence that ensures a fair return on investment. We develop our people to be leaders in our industry and we invest in our communities. Through our world class talent, we strive to WIN. ON and OFF the ICE.
The Vice President, Loyalty Marketing and Customer Insights leverages the use of customer and market data and technology within OEG’s commercial businesses to retain and expand customer segments. aThey will ultimately define, launch and manage a loyalty program with a goal of driving increased customer lifetime value. To get there, they will lead the team charged with reporting on key company metrics, utilizing technology and data to optimize and grow OEG’s sports business, and implementing new sources and technologies. They use the data and analytics to understand customers, will identify key areas to explore, and leverage data to uncover new insights and opportunities that increase efficiency, drive engagement, and facilitate bottom line growth. The VP, Loyalty Marketing and Customer Insights will champion the use of fact-based decision making within OEG’s sports business and will lead innovation in loyalty through strategy and execution in collaboration with Business Leaders and Executives. In addition, they will help support the direction and implementation of the technology stack and will develop a team that leads loyalty including the program’s design, operations and financial metrics.
- Understands and monitors the market for trends in customer and stakeholder behaviour, circumstances, and opportunities to increase engagement, service, and product growth opportunities.
- Provides strategic oversight for commercial reporting including but not limited to all Ticket Sales, Premium Sales, and Corporate Partnership reporting, as well as ad-hoc reporting on key business initiatives.
- Establishes key performance indicators and develop concise data reporting and visualization programs that reflect organizational performance.
- Works across business functions to develop insights and make recommendations to optimize the P&L (e.g., ticketing, sponsorship, marketing, gaming, F&B).
- Develops strategies and execution plans, collaborates with finance department to assist in budget forecasting and sales pacing reports throughout the season.
- Continuously optimizes the club’s BI technology stack while implementing best practices from across the analytics industry.
- Oversees the individual(s) supporting data, analysis and CRM operations for your department portfolio – manage workload, lead performance management and coaching, etc.
- Constantly search for ways to innovate and enhance our products and processes.
- Designs, develops, launches and grows a loyalty program for OEG by identifying and leveraging category and related insights.
- Provides strategic direction to define the loyalty program across business channels.
- Develop and foster partnerships across OEG to implement the loyalty program and drive customer engagement.
- Grow customer lifetime value.
- Measure success and recommend investment to support the growth, by driving and implementing loyalty program initiatives including the program utilization, impact to profit and expense.
- Report upon performance while providing clarity and visibility to program drivers
- Drives increased customer engagement within our platform, content, products, and solutions.
- Enhances perception of value add and exclusivity for customers and stakeholders.
- Identifies, leads, and negotiates relationships with preferred providers and vendors to offer a full suite of perks, rewards, and exclusive offers that are attractive to customers and stakeholders.
- Implements and maintains processes/systems/tools that support the effective management and monitoring of the loyalty program, including growth, engagement metrics, usage, and contribution to divisional and organizational financial metrics.
- Links the loyalty and rewards program to overall organizational strategic plan and financial goals.
- Proactively elicits input from business leaders across the organization that can be enhanced through the loyalty program.
- Building and managing a team to maintain and grow the program across lines of business and geographically.
WHO YOU ARE:
- The ideal candidate will have experience building and/or managing an economically viable perks, rewards, and/or loyalty programs as well as leading and managing a team of data and customer insight professionals who implement and utilize analytics for decision making and loyalty design.
- You’re a positive person who seeks to bring solutions, not problems.
- You’re a self-starter that is excited by autonomy and has a relentless drive to exceed expectations.
- You have a track-record of data-driven decision-making and believe in a strategic discipline to optimize results, efficiency, resonance.
- You’re open-minded, can handle a bit of chaos in your day, and don’t mind adjusting on the fly.
- You believe in a team-first mentality, and you thrive in a collaborative, egoless environment.
- Your organized, have a keen eye for detail, and incredible time management skills.
- You have a talent for building great working relationships at all levels within an organization.
- You have excellent communication skills - both in person and in writing.
- You can handle a bit of chaos in your day and don’t mind adjusting on the fly.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A Business/Commerce degree or diploma from a recognized institution in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Have designed and launched successful loyalty programs and have the reports to prove it!
- 7-10 years of progressive and related experience with a proven record of continuous improvement and achievement
- Proven P&L management experience – with strong financial acumen
- Customer first – ability to understand customer journey insights and deliver features to drive growth
- Innovation – able to translate insights and ideas into tangible programs to grow the business
- Partnerships - demonstrated ability to develop partnerships to create joint value
- Creativity and ability to influence across various lines of business
- Experience leading or working directly with a data & analytics group
- In depth knowledge of data systems and tools needed to monitor the customer trends and make meaning of it
- Experience with analytics tools (such as Tableau, Power BI etc.)
- Experience effectively communicating data via data visualizations and presentations required
- The ability to convey complex data clearly and succinctly
- Strong verbal and written communications skills required
- Strong organizational and time management skills and attention to detail required
- Ability to work in teams and build consensus across multiple departments
- Experience within the sports/ entertainment industry preferred
- Ability to work weekends and evenings for special events and game nights, as required