*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The VP will be responsible for establishing new revenue generating opportunities for Oilers Entertainment Group consideration; targeting events that help establish OEG on a national and international forum. The VP will create and grow a list to target top clients suitable to the Oilers Entertainment Group’s booking philosophy and be able to lead a team during the execution of these events. In addition, the VP will lead the overall event production, ensuring all internal and external stakeholders are aligned the execution of conceptualized events. The VP will leverage industry expertise, market trends and deep knowledge of clients’ needs to generate new revenue streams and bring new events to ICE District, including Rogers Place, Ford Hall and ICE Plaza. The successful candidate will have the ability to create a vision for success for OEG within a prominent industry, and then follow this vision by producing and delivering memorable events that drive repeat and new attendance.
To thrive this person must be creative, resourceful, forward-thinking and an inspiring leader. The ideal candidate will have an approach that is unique to this industry and will be able to see opportunity in a variety of settings. They will take actions within the Live Entertainment sector to enhance the company’s revenues while driving the organization’s development from within. This role requires a top performer with a track record of developing bold strategies within the Live Entertainment and special events industries that can elevate brand awareness and engagement to advance OEG’s business objectives.
The VP will be an excellent communicator and will implement the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction. They are also responsible for creating a culture of learning to help enhance and grow the skills and abilities of their employees while executing on flawless event planning and production.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategically increase revenue by leveraging deep industry experience and market trends, and build venue reputation through programming and event activations within the OEG owed properties/venues (ICE Plaza, Ford Hall, Rogers Place, etc.).
- Target events for OEG-owned properties which are suitable to OEG’s booking philosophy and drive the development of asset positioning within the local, regional and national marketplace.
- Develop the strategic vision for the entire lifecycle event experience at the Ice District, from initial event acquisition/creation, scheduling, operational plan development, team deployment and event execution.
- Fully maximize the opportunities of the Ice District while providing first-class service to all clients, from large concerts to corporate/community events.
- Build and cultivate relationships with promoters, artists, artist’s management, artist’s agents and local, regional and national convert agencies and promoters.
- Conceptualize and develop new and unique event opportunities for the expanded programming of the OEG campus.
- Land new “centerpiece” events (for example: NBA Pre Season Game, NHL Outdoor Game, CCMA and JUNO Awards) for ICE District, Rogers Place, Ford Hall and ICE Plaza.
- Build or acquire new proprietary properties like Big Valley Jamboree, CHAOS, Festival, Edmonton Octoberfest, Christmas Festival, etc.
- Lead, develop, and mentor a diverse and talented team of new and experienced industry professionals in the areas of Event Operations, Programming & Sales and Production.
- Maintains constant knowledge of current activities in the live entertainment industry including but not limited to concerts, family shows and sporting events locally, regionally and nationally.
- Oversees and manages the online booking, collaboration and venue management software for all live events, including the prevention of double booking, managing holds and sharing information securely.
- Creates and maintains an event booking database, creates periodic event calendars for the public and venue management and creates and updates periodic availability spreadsheet to be used by promoters.
- Maintains event contract documents and client information files and ensures the smooth and successful execution of the event taking place at Rogers Place.
- Create ongoing dialogue with both internal and external stakeholders and industry leaders to expand, promote and strengthen the Ice District, Rogers Place and OEG Live Entertainment’s position within the industry.
- Maintains constant research and knowledge of current activities in the live entertainment and special events industries including but not limited to concerts, family shows, festivals and sporting events, locally, regionally and nationally.
- Create unique value opportunities for short- and long-term growth for the business and our partners.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- 7-10+ years of booking and event operations experience in a large-scale arena environment.
- Demonstrable success in leading and developing internal teams and individuals.
- Established relationships and proven ability to cultivate and build relationships with promoters, agents, and live entertainment industry stakeholders.
- Proven ability to creatively identify revenue generating opportunities.
- Talented communicator with a strong ability to bring multiple departments/disciplines together to accomplish a goal.
- Creative in nature; willing to take calculated risks.
- Sound financial acumen and analytical ability to identify, develop and execute profitable and unique content and events.
Terms of employment – Full time
Location: OEG Head Quarters Edmonton Alberta, Canada
Employment address: 300 10214-104 Avenue NW, Edmonton, AB, T5J 0H6
Number of working hours per week: 37.5 hours per week
Benefits available: Health, Dental, Health Care Spending Account, RRSP/Pension, LTD, STD, & AD&D
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience; $100,000 - $200,000