Reporting to the Owner of Body by Bennett, the Personal Fitness Trainer will meet with clients weekly, daily, or otherwise depending on the level of requirement the client has requested. The trainer will also perform individual training sessions which depend on the client’s goals and the amount of coaching/demonstrations required.
What will you be doing?
- Meets with clients weekly, daily, or otherwise depending on the level of involvement the client has requested.
- Performs individual training sessions which depend on the client’s goals and the amount of coaching or demonstrating required.
- Works with a variety of individuals in a one-on-one setting or in small groups with or without health issues.
- Assesses client needs, abilities and goals.
- Measures body composition, aerobic and anaerobic fitness, muscular strength and endurance, joint flexibility and postural alignment
- Develops personalized health and exercise plans
- Ensures clients exercise safely
- Monitors clients progress and adapts programs as needed
- Provides resources regarding nutrition, weight control and lifestyle issues.
- Promotes Body by Bennett through sales.
- Assists with workshops and information seminars.
- Participates in company and charitable functions.
What will you need to be successful?
On top of passion, drive and a flexible working schedule, to be successful you will come equipped with:
- Bachelor of Physical Education will be considered an asset
- Bachelor of Science (Kinesiology) will be considered an asset
- Masters in Exercise Science will be considered an asset
- NAIT Personal Fitness Trainer (PFT) or equivalent is required
- CSEP is preferred but not required
- First Aid Certificate is preferred but not required
- CPR Level A is required
- Security clearance will be required upon hiring
Only those moving forward in the hiring process will be contacted.