Reporting to the AGM, Live Entertainment, the Manager, Event Programming is responsible for actively contacting and working with prospective clients to develop relationships and sales opportunities for Oilers Entertainment Group. The Manager, Event Programming will work closely with several internal departments to optimize revenue through the creation and delivery of new event opportunities.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
- Establish new revenue generating opportunities for Oilers Entertainment Group consideration; targeting events that help establish OEG on a national and international map.
- Interact with event promoters and help oversee the general production of events with OEG Event Management team and the OEG Ticketing team.
- Build a Rentable Spaces Facility Package for internal and external clients which includes current photos and CAD’s.
- Create and build a technology package in parallel with Capital Projects for rentable spaces at Rogers Place.
- Handle incoming inquiries related to public and private event bookings at OEG properties.
- Meet with Edmonton Events, Edmonton Tourism, Hotels and Conference leads to look for potential opportunities for OEG.
- Establish and grow a client list to target top clients suitable to the Oilers Entertainment Group booking philosophy.
- Develop relationships with local promoters on a civic and provincial level to drive content for smaller events in Rogers Place and Ford Hall, as well as to future locations such as ICE District Plaza.
- Create Executive summaries of the local entertainment scene to include club, smaller venues and festivals.
- Develop strong relationships with promoters and artists that provide content for the venue.
- Develop presentations and sales materials for the AGM, Live Entertainment to present at Industry meetings, and to international prospects.
- Work with the Booking Administrator to fill potential revenue generating dates and create community fulfillment or City of Edmonton event opportunities.
- Schedule dates and liaise with the event team on budgets, logistics, and event production on all one-off OEG events such as PBR, Oil Country Championship, Ivan Hlinka, etc.
- Assist in maintaining our event schedule for Rogers Place, Community Arena and the ICE District.
- Execute legal documents for venue agreements, insurance, cost estimates and Proformas.
- Liaise with shared services on branding and marketing, ticketing, promotions, event management.
- Confirming agreements with AGM of Live Entertainment, and relaying information to client, prior to handing off event to an Event Manager.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- 3-5 years’ experience within the Live Entertainment industry; specifically event sales in a large public facility/arena/stadium.
- Event booking and logistics of events experience required.
- Post-secondary Certificate, Diploma or Degree in a related field preferred.
- Strong understanding of the Live Entertainment industry and it’s trends.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and close deals.
- A fan service approach to working with clients, awareness and responsiveness to client satisfaction.
- Proven to perform well under pressure; manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must show very strong listening and communication skills.
- Organized, independent and comfortable as a self-starter.
- Creative self-starter, driven by results.
- Experienced in financials, budgets and Proformas.
- Experience working in a Hospitality environment will be considered an asset.
- Strong administrative background with the ability to use MS Office Suite and Outlook Mail.
- Ability to learn and utilize internal event scheduling and finance procedures.
- Proficient in drafting professional documents and professional correspondence.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments to achieve highest level of productivity.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
Only those individuals moving forward in the hiring process will be contacted.