In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
About Oilers Entertainment Group:
At Oilers Entertainment Group, our vision is to be a Global Leader in Sports & Entertainment. Together, we inspire our fans by connecting them to their passion, which is ours as well! We play like a team and always work with integrity towards our common purpose. We have a commitment to innovation and growth, combined with performance excellence that ensures a fair return on investment. We develop our people to be leaders in our industry and we invest in our communities. Through our world class talent, we strive to WIN. ON and OFF the ICE.
If you are looking towards a career in events and know the value of providing an energetic and welcoming experience for guests, we want to hear from you! A fast-paced environment requires dedicated team members who have a positive attitude and are committed to providing outstanding service to our guests. Together we transform events into experiences; these experiences create excitement and turn into "I Remember Moments".
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
Edmonton Oilers & Edmonton Oil Kings
- Ensure all prizing and props are prepared pre-game.
- Ensure game day tasks assigned to the Events Team are communicated and executed.
- Support the Event Operations Team to ensure concourse activations are set up accordingly.
- Lead the Events Team briefing and review the staff schedule and activities for each game.
- Lead game presentation elements specific to Oilers and Oil Kings as outlined per brand.
- Coordinate post-game clean-up and reporting as required.
Edmonton Oilers: Serve as the Assistant Floor Director, working with the Floor Director (Game Presentation Coordinator) for all in-game activations and promotions. Preparations for in-game promotions include pre-game ceremonies, TV timeout, intermission promotions and post-game activities.
Edmonton Oil Kings: Serve as the Floor Directorfor Game Presentation for all in-game activations, including pre-game ceremonies, radio timeouts, intermission promotions and post-game activities.
- Oversee the set-up, execution, and tear down of events.
- Coordinate facility arrangements with internal departments and vendors during assigned events.
- Provide direction and monitor event tasks to completion.
- Responsible for all services and activities involved in the execution of assigned events.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Energetic, friendly and deeply passionate about delivering “I Remember Moments”
- Highschool diploma required
- A minimum of two years related experience in event management, including some supervisory responsibility
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to make decisions in a fast-paced/high-pressure environment
- Proven ability to maintain and foster positive relationships
- Passionate about delivering exceptional service
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as file-sharing programs
- Ability to work during the daytime, evenings, weekends, and holidays and at times untraditional hours of work
Thank you for your interest in joining our team! Those moving forward in the process will be contacted by a member of our team. Our organization is committed to being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We require the successful applicant to disclose their vaccination status and provide proof of their full COVID-19 vaccination.