VP, Ticket Sales - Bakersfield Condors (Bakersfield · CA)
About OEG Sports & Entertainment:
OEG Sports & Entertainment delivers North America’s leading sports and entertainment experiences to connect our fans to their passions. Located in the heart of the ICE District, OEG owns the 5-time Stanley Cup Champion Edmonton Oilers, the WHL’s three-time Memorial Cup Champion Edmonton Oil Kings, and the AHL’s Bakersfield Condors. OEG operates Rogers Place, North America’s premier sports and entertainment venue. The 18,347 seat arena is among the most technologically enabled sports facilities in North America as well as the first LEED Silver-certified NHL Facility in Canada.
Our vision is to be a Global Leader in Sports & Entertainment. Together, we inspire our fans by connecting them to their passions, which is ours as well! We play hard as a team, and with devoted integrity towards our common purpose. We have commitments to innovation and growth, combined with performance excellence that ensures a fair return on investment. We develop our people to be leaders in our industry, and we invest in our communities. Through our world class talent, we strive to WIN. ON and OFF the ICE.
Your Focus in this Role:
- Set sales budgets, goals, and pricing
- Develop and execute the annual Ticket Sales strategic plan
- Direct and implement sales campaign cadence for Ticket Package, Group Sales and Premium Sales teams
- Create and grow a department culture of training, practice and development
- Host regular check-ins with department managers to monitor and adjust sales tactics and strategies
- Collaborate with various departments within the organization to ensure clarity for sales campaigns and initiatives
- Coach and mentor managers and sales reps on an individual and group basis
- Lead recruitment, hiring and onboarding of new ticket staff
- Upstream and downstream reporting
- Manage Annual Ticketing Calendar
- Represent the Condors on AHL calls and conferences
- Set appropriate context and prescribed limits for direct reports
- Specify the outputs or results expected (e.g. work quantity, quality, and timelines). This includes both current work and improving work processes and methods.
- Provide inputs and/or resources required e.g. people (time & expertise), money (capital & operating budget, and technology and connect to results expected.
- Delegate appropriate authority to direct reports to do required work.
- Be accountable for the output/results of direct reports.
- Support direct reports in using judgement and initiative in doing work.
- Add value to the work of direct reports.
- Provide feedback and coach direct reports to improve their effectiveness; invoke performance improvement plans, if necessary.
- Assess personal effectiveness of direct reports and recommend merit increases.
- Develop talent - provide appropriate development opportunities to direct reports
Who You Are:
- You have proven leadership experience in a sales environment including coaching, mentoring, hiring, training, and performance management
- You have a strategic mindset with strong organization and planning skills
- You have the ability to prioritize a multitude of duties and handle multiple tasks
- You have extremely strong communication and interpersonal skills
- You are willing and able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required
- Youhave access to a vehicle and a motor vehicle license (or the ability to obtain one prior to employment)
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years of ticket sales management experience
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred. In lieu of degree, extensive experience in a related field will be considered
- Knowledge of CRM and ticketing systems
This role is budgeted with a starting wage between $65-$75k base annually, plus bonus and commission opportunity!
Thank you for your interest in joining our team! Those moving forward in the process will be contacted by a member of our team.
Stay in Touch!