Game Operations Internship Fall 2018 with Worcester Railers HC in Worcester, MA
Interns will be required to attend every Railers HC home game + additional team functions
Interns will be required to work office hours during the week. During office hours, interns will get experience in ticket sales, corporate sponsorships, social media management, business administration, marketing, and more
Interns will be required to perform as the mascot during community appearances
Interns will be encouraged to volunteer at Skate to Success, our flagship community program that takes place Tuesday mornings at the Worcester Ice Center
Notable Game Day Roles: Set Up/Break Down of Concourse, Fan Assistance Table, Chuck A Puck Tables, Kids Club, Production Assistant, Credential Table, Mascot Handler
- Pursuit of Sport Management, Marketing, Communication, and/or business degree preferred.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills and telephone etiquette.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a variety of projects.
- Basic knowledge of ice hockey encouraged but not required.
- Must receive college credit
- Available to work a minimum of 20 hours a week, including nights and weekends.
- Available to work every home game during the Winter/Spring semester.
- Must have reliable transportation and live in the Worcester or surrounding areas.
- Must be able to lift and carry 25lbs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you aware this is an unpaid internship that requires college credit?
How many hours must you satisfy to complete your internship?
Do you have reliable transportation to Worcester?
Are you aware you must work every home game + additional community events?