Community Relations Internship - Summer - Worcester Railers HC (Worcester · MA)
Worcester Railers HC jobs
Sports Jobs in Worcester · MA
The Worcester Railers Hockey Club of the ECHL is looking for multiple FOR CREDIT ONLY Community Relations Interns during the Summer, starting early June and ending late August 2021. Candidates must be current college students, preferably junior, senior or graduate level, and must be able to dedicate weekend and weekday hours for this internship. Strong verbal skills are essential, as is the ability to work well in a dynamic, small-office environment. The successful candidate should be dependable, able to handle multiple tasks, and work long hours (evenings, weekends & holidays included).
Community Relations Internship:
- Interns will be responsible for coordinating mascot appearances and tabling opportunities throughout the summer months with the ticket staff and Community Relations Manager
- Interns will oversee and fulfill donation requests
- Interns will be required to perform as mascot at certain events
- Interns will operate the Railers shootout inflatable at various events during the summer
- Interns will assist with various summer community programs
- Interns will operate social media channels for the team
- Interns will work most weekends and some days/evenings during the week
- Depending on hours needed for college credit, interns will work office hours and get experience in a variety of departments such as marketing, sales, corporate sponsorship and public relations
- Interns will report to the Community Relations Manager
- Interns must receive college credit and work for the entire duration (June-August)
- Pursuit of Sport Management, Marketing, Communication, and/or business degree preferred.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Photoshop recommended.
- Strong communication skills and telephone etiquette.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a variety of projects.
- Basic knowledge of ice hockey encouraged but not required.
- Must receive college credit
- Available to work a minimum of 5 hours a week, including nights and weekends.
- Must have reliable transportation and live in the Worcester or surrounding areas.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40lbs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What experience do you have in the sport industry?
What is your dream job?
What excites you about this opportunity?