The Worcester Railers seek a leader to help bring the organization to new heights in tickets, sponsorships and merchandise. The Chief Revenue Officer is a new position for the organization and will be the third member of a strong executive management team. The Railers already demonstrate success in key revenue categories but strive to be the best in the ECHL and the best in the entire Northeast region of the country for minor league entertainment. We believe that with a strong sales and revenue focused executive member with an analytical mindset added to our team, we can achieve this goal in our growing market.
Together, with other members of the executive staff, the CRO will develop and lead an overarching strategic plan focused on growing ticket, sponsorship, and merchandise sales. The person will be our lead sponsorship salesperson helping our less experienced sponsorship team develop. The CRO will also supervise, guide, teach and coach managers in ticket sales, merchandise sales and partnership activation along with working with the other two senior leaders on office culture, staff development and well-being.
The City of Worcester is located 45 minutes west of Boston, MA and is the fastest growing city in New England. The city boasts 8 colleges and universities in proximity and has become a sports destination in the region. Worcester has received accolades for exceptional dining and nightlife, green space, attractions, and quality of education and life.
- Primary point of contact for corporate sponsorship sales. Position will directly oversee the corporate revenue budget, go on sales calls individually and with the corporate sales staff, and manage and hold them accountable.
- Partner with senior leadership to develop short and long-term strategies for the Hockey Club.
- Oversee ticket sales budget and work directly with Director of Ticket Sales to develop a strategy for the 23-24 season. Ensure department is meeting objectives and work one-on-one with Director to build a well-rounded, and skilled sales team that produces.
- Monitor revenue pipeline and leads, adjusting as necessary for sustainable growth.
- Prepare weekly, quarterly, and annual reports to brief executive team and share overall health of revenue streams.
- Work in partnership with marketing to build an effective plan to support needs of revenue channels.
- Collaborate with finance, hockey operations, communications and marketing teams on messaging, product, price strategies, and tactics to build cohesive strategies.
- Oversee sponsorship and ticket contracts/payables. Manage account receivables and help to resolve outstanding payments.
- Remain well-connected with sponsors and clients to ensure needs are being met and to encourage retention and growth.
- Monitor the market to identify trends and opportunities to grow sales channels and stay on-point and relevant.
REQUIRED SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
We are seeking a candidate experienced in driving revenue – a minimum of ten years. Tell us about your successes in your cover letter. Don’t worry if you do not have sports specific experience, but it would be very helpful and make you stand out.
This position is not a typical 9 to 5 and requires additional hours in-season; share with us your work ethic. We’re a collaborative organization, like to have fun and celebrate our successes.
If this job is right for you, tell us in your cover letter what it is that makes you stand out, your past successes, what your past staff members would say about you and why you’re the best person for this job.
The Worcester Railers are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.