The Wheeling Nailers Multimedia/Public Relations Department creates and distributes all content to the general public and the media. That includes all game broadcasts, highlights, press releases, features, and social media. This department also schedules and attends events in the community, such as player/mascot appearances and fairs/festivals.
This internship will allow the student to display their current skills while allowing them to further develop their ability in shooting, editing, and producing creative content. This person will work alongside the Video Production Specialist and will have the opportunity to learn the planning and production of all creative content related to Wheeling Nailers Hockey. This is an unpaid internship. The ideal candidate would possess the following:
· Interest in Creative Design, Live Broadcasting, and Production
· Ability to work office hours
· Passion for working in sports
· Ability to collaborate and work as a team
Below is a breakdown of the possible tasks for the Creative Services intern.
· Produce elements to be used for web, print and in-arena
· Shoot, edit and produce player features to be used in game and on social media
· Conduct interviews of coaches and/or players
· Proactively develop ideas that can help create interesting content and opportunities
· Organize assets and log footage
· Assist in community events including shooting and editing film
· Participate in Live Broadcasting roles during games such as replay, camera and/or LED operator
Below is a breakdown of preferred skills and qualifications for the video production intern.
· Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects) is preferred
· Basic studio lighting and audio knowledge
· Attention to detail
· Interest in pursuing a career in creative production/editing
Internship will begin on October 1st and end on April 8th (with the option to extend through 2019 playoff run). All internship positions will have flexible work hours, but weekend and evening hours may also be required including attendance at community functions. Internships are unpaid, but can be done for college credit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.