Type: Full-Time, Salaried - Exempt
Immediate Supervisor: Assistant General Manager
Supervision Exercised: Marketing activities performed by staff.
General Statement of Duties: This position oversees the planning and implementation of a complete marketing campaign all events including group sales, sponsorships, advertising, direct mail, promotion, and publicity. This position will also develop and implement an in-house agency to act on behalf of the facility.
Areas of Responsibilities:
1. To develop and implement an advertising and publicity campaign to create
regional and national awareness of the facility.
2. To create and supervise marketing plans for events when required, to include all
available services; group sales, public relations, media placement, direct mail,
promotional development, non-profit opportunities, etc.
3. To operate the department with a conscious commitment to maximum exposure for the
facility and it's events, at the most effective and efficient means possible.
4. To develop marketing materials and procedures to have the department function
effectively as an in-house agency.
5. To aggressively seek new contacts and maintain working relationships with all media
6. To remain current of national trends in the industry, and local market changes to best
serve the facility.
7. To perform other duties as assigned.
1. Demonstrated knowledge of marketing principles and practices including public and media
relations, media buying, promotional and sales development, and advertising.
2. Knowledge of organizational principles and project management; five years previous experience in a marketing
position with management responsibilities.
3. Previous marketing experience in a similar arena type environment and / or a degree in marketing or related field preferred.
Reasonable accommodations will be considered for those with disabilities.