Technical Director (Part-Time) - South Carolina Stingrays (North Charleston · SC)
South Carolina Stingrays jobs
Sports Jobs in North Charleston · SC
Technical Services: Director
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
About the Position
About the Position
The South Carolina Stingrays are looking for a Technical Director to operate the Broadcast Pix production switcher during all Warriors home games. In this role, you will coordinate all video signals in and out of the switcher including routing, macro/salvo building, monitor wall configurations, and secondary show setup. In addition, you will assist with ingesting content being triggered by the switcher. This position reports to the Director, Game Operations.
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise while learning more about this growing sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative and dedication!
This is a part-time position based in North Charleston, SC.
- Ensure the primary and secondary video switcher controllers are properly configured and ready for every Stingrays home game
- Operate the primary Broadcast Pix production switcher live on game days
- Maintain all communications between switcher and external devices such as graphics systems and video playback machines
- Train production assistants and other part-time employees on the basic operation of the secondary switcher panel.
- Maintain library of switcher configuration files to ensure all settings are properly backed up
- Troubleshoot equipment issues and escalate larger issues with engineering staff and product vendors
- Work with engineering staff to confirm all technical aspects of production are show ready.
- Develop and maintain switcher SOPs and technical documentation
- Maintain and develop technical skills as required to support new and existing technologies and customer offerings
Required Experience & Skills
- Minimum 2 years in technical directing productions
- Strong background in control room production equipment including graphics and video replay systems
- Experience with configuration and operation of Broadcast Pix, 3 Play, and Newtech Systems
- Attention to detail and exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication with superior attention to detail
- Ability to balance multiple projects at once in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to extend one’s arm(s) in any direction, including repetitive motion of body and/or its parts
- Committed to work all or most Stingrays homes games (i.e., preseason, season, and playoffs)
- Non-traditional hours according to the Stingrays home game schedule (days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Typical game nights:
- Available for other events, maintenance days and training opportunities as they arise