Merchandise Manager - South Carolina Stingrays (North Charleston · SC)
South Carolina Stingrays jobs
Sports Jobs in North Charleston · SC
Retail/Licensing: Retail Management
Reports To: Director of Business Strategy
The Merchandise Manager is responsible for the merchandising function of the South Carolina Stingrays including managing the Coliseum’s store (The Reef), the Stingrays e-commerce site and any other mobile or pop-up retail opportunities.. Must develop annual/future marketing, advertising and sales plans as well as be responsible for managing all business aspects of the department. This role is a hybrid position of full-time during the Stingrays season (October - June) and part-time during the summer months (July - September).
- Minimum 2 to 4 years sales experience, preferably in a retail environment.
- BA/BS in Business, Marketing, or Communications preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel around the Lowcountry and develop leads as required
Functions: Flexible ( Full season hours and /or reduced work week during the off-season)
- Prepares annual sales and expense budget. Monitors the expense side of the budget in relation to sales.
- Plans annual purchases, and weekly purchases.
- Develops new licensing opportunities for South Carolina Stingrays.
- Solicits new business through free digital marketing for team website.
- Oversees annual inventory counts in conjunction with auditors.
- Oversees random inventory counts.
- Manages inventory level to balance the investment in inventory with optimizing full margin sales.
- Monitors latest merchandise trends.
- Oversees retail associates.
- Monitors and manages point of sale systems.
- Interacts with ticket department & corporate sales to develop new sales opportunities.
- Develop and fulfill web store and online sales.
- Maximizes floor plan in arena merchandize location.
- Utilizes marketing and social media platforms to strategically push merchandise
- Constantly seeks new retail opportunities in the local community and within the team’s marketing strategy
- Develops annual marketing and sales strategic plan.
- Evaluate revenue and unit #s by product category and SKU, as well as opening and final margin by SKU.
Functions: Game Day
- Meets with staff daily to discuss previous’ games sales, store layout, items to push, etc.
- Full time - must be able to work evenings and weekends.
- 15-40 hours per week depending upon the time of year and the mutual objectives of the candidate and our organization as described above.
- Candidate may have to work certain evenings and weekend day parts during home games during the hockey season
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Do you have experience working in retail?