Media Relations Intern - South Carolina Stingrays (North Charleston · SC)
South Carolina Stingrays jobs
Sports Jobs in North Charleston · SC
Communications/Community Relations: Broadcasting
Media Relations Game Day Intern
Job Description: The Social Media Game Day Intern will have the opportunity to get hands-on experience working for a professional sports organization. This position assists with communications and marketing during all Stingrays home games by contributing to the team’s social media initiatives and promoting the in-game experience. This position will be responsible for posting content on the team’s social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Job responsibilities (duties include, but not limited to):
· Contribute to the team’s social media efforts before, during and after all home games
· Assist with media relations duties on game days
· Help with editing of in-game video highlights
· Opportunity to write feature articles and produce videos for team website
· Help develop content for social media platforms
· Help fulfill corporate partnership promotional content on game days
· May help with social media publishing during road games (Social Media Intern will not travel with the team)
· Help with pregame set up and postgame tear down of media equipment
· Assist working media members and off ice officials during home games
· Good understanding of the game of hockey
· Must be fluent in social media best practices and up to date on the latest media trends
· Strong writer and communicator
· Understand the basics of journalism and AP Style
· Ability to work the entire hockey season during home and away games
· Must be able to work nights, weekends, holidays and other non-traditional hours
· Strong time management, organizational and proofreading skills
· Previous experience with the Adobe Creative Suite is encouraged
· Excellent attention to detail
· Interest in a career in sports communications, multimedia and marketing preferred
Interested applicants should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
In a few words tell us why you're qualified for this position.