Director of Video Production & Game Operations - Reading Royals (Reading · PA)
Reading Royals jobs
Sports Jobs in Reading · PA
Marketing: Game Operations/Presentation
The Reading Royals are seeking an energetic, creative, and organized Director of Video Production & Game Operations. This position is responsible for coordinating all gameday activities and promotions. And is integral to maximizing the fan experience during the game, in the Santander Arena.
- Dedicated to providing the best fan experience in the ECHL by integrating all production elements (i.e., lighting, music, video, PA, in-bowl, and on-ice entertainment, etc.)
- Emphasis on continuous evolution to ensure fans enjoy their experience each game.
- Hiring and managing of all game day staff and volunteers. Then oversee to ensure all areas are executed which include but are not limited to music coordinator, video crew, game day announcer, off-ice officials, volunteers, and promotions support staff.
- Meet regularly with corporate sponsorships, ticketing, and marketing departments to determine details of upcoming game night.
- Create gameday scripts and other necessary materials for all vendors and staff members.
- Oversees the team’s control room/promotional room including the management and inventory of all game operations equipment.
- Serve as liaison between organization and the venue from an operations standpoint.
- Work with marketing and promotions team to coordinate additional non-gameday events and programming.
- Other responsibilities involve coordinating many non-Royals Events. Such as, other sporting events, concerts, family shows and private events. This includes night and weekend work.
- Perform additional functions as directed or assumed on personal initiative.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understands the functions and operates the equipment of the control booth (Daktronics) during game day events such as switcher, instant replay and video equipment, music application (Click Effects and Sound Board) as well as all future additions to the control room.
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in game operations in sport and/or sponsorship activation is required, preferably in a supervisory role.
- Motivated self-starter, with creative ideas, and the ability to lead by example.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite Office.
- Exceptional organizational skills with superior attention to detail.
- Ability to deal with multiple senior staff in a demanding environment, often with tight deadlines, and flexibility with overtime.
- Ability to engage and have fun with fans in attendance at games.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.