The Rapid City Rush is looking for an In-Game Host for the 2023-24 season to serve as one of the main personalities for all Rush home games and outside events as necessary. The ideal candidate will have an upbeat personality along with a strong on-camera presence to connect with all spectators at events. Host duties can also extend to outside events and requested community, fan, or sponsor events. This role will also serve as host for any video content on our digital platforms. This is a part-time, game day position.
- Execute all on-ice and in-stands promotions in accordance with game script and sponsorship contracts during home games
- Interact with fans throughout the game
- Serve as a community ambassador for the Rush, representing the brand in a positive manner at all times
- Attend game day meetings and rehearsals
- Conduct on-camera interviews with Rush fans, players, and coaches
- Host and/or assist with production of features and content for digital platforms
- Host promotional appearances and events throughout the season as necessary
- Additional tasks as needed
- Able to demonstrate a strong on-camera presence, highlighting poise, professionalism, likeability, approachability, and the ability to work under pressure
- Creative and innovative personality with the ability to improvise when needed
- Demonstrated social media experience, a strong social following is a plus
- Strong communication and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks at a time
- Able to receive constructive criticism and implement into performance
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for long periods of time
Submissions must include a resume with a performance reel no longer than 3 minutes in length. They are mandatory with application submission. Video submissions are open-ended; they may include a reel, video bio, a combination, or any other format that showcases the applicant’s personality and uniqueness. The recommended format for the video submission is an unlisted YouTube or Vimeo Link. You can also send videos to Kayleigh at [email protected]
in email format or through WeTransfer.
Invitations will be sent to potential candidates that are invited to attend an in-arena audition.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.