Chief Revenue Officer with Norfolk Admirals in Norfolk · VA
Norfolk Admirals jobs
Sports Jobs in Norfolk · VA
Sponsorship Sales & Activation: Corporate Sponsorship Sales
WHY THIS POSITION
The Norfolk Admirals rebuild accomplished many successes last season and will add to its leadership team to focus our direction on accelerated growth while returning to our pedigree consisting of decades of glory on the ice and in the stands. We’re looking for someone to lead the key revenue areas of ticket sales and sponsorship sales for the team and ramp up success.
It’s a unique opportunity to put your stamp on what will be a tremendous turnaround over the next few years.
With new fully committed ownership last Season, the Admirals made great strides and have assembled an outstanding staff that is highly motivated to take the Admirals to the next level. With the Covid-19 pandemic and new challenges the Professional sports industry faces, the Admirals seek a creative, highly qualified leader in Sales to drive revenue while cultivating our sales team and establishing a culture of collective betterment for all.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
We need a top level executive with experience in ticket sales and sponsorship sales as those are our two most important revenue streams. Here are some of your responsibilities:
Ticket Sales and Marketing
- Oversee and manage the ticket sales staff on a day to day basis.
- Lead the development of ticket sales strategy, sellout strategy, group and season ticket strategy for the team and oversee implementation.
- Oversee a Marketing Director’s efforts to drive single game ticket sales and online ticket package sales through email marketing and digital advertising strategy.
- Guide the ticket operations department including customer service and ticket fulfillment processes.
- Lead the team’s sponsorship sales efforts. You’ll be the top sponsorship salesperson going out on all the major sponsorship sales calls.
- Oversee a junior sponsorship salesperson and guide, train and coach them to success selling some of the team’s smaller packages.
- Guide and direct sponsorship fulfillment and activation overseeing a fulfillment person.
- Oversee a Community Relations Manager to develop community focused programs to get the team visibility in the community as well as help drive ticket and sponsorship revenue.
ARE YOU QUALIFIED?
Our ideal executive is someone with a minimum of 7-10 years of experience in ticket and sponsorship sales with a team, venue or college. If you have that type of experience and a proven track record of increasing revenue in those two categories, we want to talk to you.
HOW WILL YOU GET PAID
We’ll pay you a competitive salary based on your experience and a percentage of the increase in revenue. Have no doubt that for the right person, we’ll make sure you’re well taken care of. You’ll also receive health insurance coverage.
WHAT DOES THE FUTURE HOLD
Ownership is looking for this position to evolve into the leader of the business side of the franchise and are focused on bringing the Admirals to a goal standard operation. With hard work and success in tickets and sponsorships, the right candidate can position themselves for additional leadership advancement in the future.
How did you hear about this job?
Yes/No: I have at least 10 years ticket sales experience.
Yes/No: I have at least 3 years experience leading a sales staff.
Yes/No: I have at least 5 years experience in sponsorship sales.