Merchandiser with Deacon Sports & Entertainment in Coralville · IA
Deacon Sports & Entertainment jobs
Sports Jobs in Coralville · IA
Retail/Licensing: Retail Merchandising
About Deacon Sports & Entertainment
Deacon Sports & Entertainment (DSE) is the parent company of the Newfoundland Growlers Hockey Club (ECHL), who are affiliates of the Toronto Maple Leafs, and two yet to be named ECHL expansion franchises located in Trois Rivières, Quebec and Coralville, Iowa. Our talented group of professionals are accountable for delivering everything our teams need to win.
We are looking for an experienced Merchandiser to join our organization to help launch and operate several retail initiatives, sophisticate our backend retail operations, and produce sales by providing point-of-purchase and shelf management services.
- Plan and develop merchandising strategies that balance customers’ expectations and company’s objectives
- Analyze sales figures, customers reactions and market trends to anticipate product needs and plan product ranges/stock
- Collaborate with buyers, suppliers, distributors and analysts to negotiate prices, quantities and time-scales
- Maximize customer interest and sales levels by displaying products appropriately
- Produce layout plans for stores and maintain store shelves and inventory
- Forecast profits/sales and plan budgets
- Monitor stock movement and consider markdowns, promotions, price changes, clear outs etc
- Build constructive customer relationships and team with channel partners to build pipeline and close deals
- Remain up to date with industry’s best practices
- Time in-store locations assisting store management and teams
- Proven working experience in apparel and sports merchandising
- Retail management experience is preferred
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Up-to-date with the latest merchandising trends and best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening, presentation and decision making skills
- Commercial acumen and the ability to “decode” customers and processes
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?