We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
The Senior Sales Director will be responsible for helping grow and retain annual and long-term sponsorship revenue by incorporating a deep understanding of the sport, industry, market, and partner categories. Individual needs to be a driven, self-motivated professional with a passion for creating business relationships and providing outstanding customer support.
This position will report directly to the Team President and will work closely with company’s Ownership to keep them informed regarding achievement of revenue objectives.
Job Description & Essential Duties:
- Research, identify, and track sponsorship prospects and organizations, locally and nationally, with key target industries and segments.
- Prospect, pitch, and close new sponsorship deals in support of individual and department sponsorship sales revenue goals.
- Build and maintain a robust list of prospective sponsorship targets.
- Responsible for selling all Mavericks controlled advertising elements. Elements include, but are not limited to, venue signage & experiences, digital, print, radio, etc.
- Prepare proposals that match client objectives to package components by outlining benefits of sponsorship program.
- Collaborate with the Partnerships Activation Manager to ensure fulfillment of client deliverables and ensure satisfaction and continued renewal of relationship with team.
- Use CRM platform to track and manage current and prospective clients.
- Provide weekly reporting and communication of various sales-related metrics including pipeline generation, account status, revenue and goal attainment status, and relevant sponsor interaction.
- Assist the team with other duties as assigned.
- Visit with corporate partners attending home games.
- Assist in name trapping and database leads.
- Assist with Game Operations when needed.
- Assist with special event coordination, load-in, etc.
- Be accessible via radio at all times.
- Business Acumen
- Written and Verbal Communication Proficiency
- Customer/Client Focused
- Presentation Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Capacity
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Microsoft Office Proficient (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle, reach, and feel.
This job operates in a professional, fast-paced office and arena environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Normal days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00AM to 5:00PM. Additional hours of work and flexibility are necessary on evenings, weekends, holidays, and extended weekdays as job demands.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.