The Kansas City Mavericks are looking for highly motivated, energetic, and outgoing individuals
with strong communication skills to join their Promo Team for events that take place during Spring
and Summer 2023, with the potential to continue into Fall 2023/Spring 2024.
The Promo Team is primarily responsible for enhancing and contributing to the growth of the Kansas
City Mavericks brand by attending and working at various events throughout the Greater Kansas City
area on a weekly basis. This is a part-time, paid position, looking to hire ASAP.
- Serve as a Brand Ambassador for the Kansas City Mavericks and attend promotional/sponsor events to increase awareness, interest, and fan support for Kansas City Mavericks through the distribution of promotional materials and various activities.
- Drive the branded vehicle to and from various events.
- Set up and tear down tents/tables/signage/photo station, run the photo station, perform various sponsor-requested duties, hand out branded swag/tickets, take photographs with and for fans, etc.
- Act as a handler and assist the mascot (Mac) during events and appearances. This includes pointing out fans/children, directing the mascot, carrying props, taking photographs, etc.
- Engage with prospective and current fans while being genuine, honest, and sincere.
- Other duties as assigned by the Mavericks Organization/Promo Team Coordinator/Captain.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Highly motivated, energetic, and outgoing individual with strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver's license, insurance, and reliable transportation.
- Proactive, adaptive personality with the ability to work independently and as a team.
- Ability to respond to any situation quickly and professionally.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work various weekdays, evenings, weekends, and holidays as requested/needed.
- Passion for Hockey is a plus!
Work Environment and Details
- Fast-paced, fun environment.
- Event settings vary from event to event. Be aware that you may be scheduled to work inside, outside, and in all weather conditions including cold, wind, rain, and heat.
- Work various weekday hours, evenings, weekends, and some holidays as requested/needed.
- Local travel is required.
- Some Uniform pieces are provided. Promo Team Members are required to wear black pants and clean black shoes unless otherwise stated. No supplied Mavericks uniform pieces are to be worn outside of work events.
- This is a paid, PART-TIME job.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb stairs.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions including cold, wind, rain, and heat.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.