The Kansas City Mavericks are seeking an energetic individuals to join the staff in the role of mascot performer. This individual will have a self-motivated attitude, and desire to represent the Mavericks brand to the highest standards.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Perform backup mascot duties on a part-time basis
- Preserve the identity of the mascot without deviating from established character including: - Body Language/Mannerisms - Attitude - Fan interaction - Team representation
- Maintain and care for mascot costume as well as props and equipment.
Ideal candidate will:
- Have an outgoing personality. Willingness and desire to perform as mascot
- Prior performance experience strongly preferred
- Local candidates preferred
- Desire to pursue a career in the sports industry
- Reliable transportation
- Proven experience to appropriately work with and around confidential information
- Flexible schedule – ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions including extreme heat, cold and rain
This part-time position is available for immediate hire.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.