The Kansas City Mavericks are looking for a motivated, self-starter with a proven ability to sell and generate new revenue opportunities. The Manager of Corporate Sales is responsible for generating new business revenue with local, regional and national companies through the integrated packaging of the Kansas City Mavericks. These assets include, but are not limited to; television, radio, signage, digital, social media, publications, promotions, tickets, suites, and hospitality. This position will also be responsible for the overall management of several existing corporate partnerships including the development of new revenue streams, utilizing activation-based selling, creating value added opportunities and mutually beneficial market activation programs.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Research, prospect and pursue leads for corporate relationships followed by an introductory needs analysis/discovery meeting utilizing a consultative activation based sales approach.
• Prepare and present proposals to sponsor partner prospect decision makers.
• Work closely with Vice President and Manager of Business Development to achieve individual and departmental goals.
• Ability to reach, and exceed, set goals of new business revenue.
• Maximize category yield in all major categories through the sale of fully integrated partnerships.
• Create an annual business plan with activation based sales strategies, renewal targets and new business projections for upcoming fiscal year.
• Must work all Mavericks game days and special events to entertain existing partners and prospects. Additional duties on game days are required, including providing first class customer service and positive fan relations.
• Work closely with other departments across the organization on corporate partnership related programs to drive partnership activation and overall organization success.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications:
• Degree in sports management/marketing or related field preferred.
• Previous sales experience required, corporate sales experience in professional sports preferred.
• Self-motivated team player with a proven ability to work as an individul and as part of a team.
• Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with corporate clients and co-workers.
• Strong sales proposal and presentation experience.
• Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
• Must possess a strong work ethic, willingness to learn and have a hunger to succeed.
• Willingness to work nights, weekends and holidays as required.
• Expert Microsoft Excel skills; strong knowledge of other MS Office tools (Word, Outlook, & PowerPoint).
• Knowledge of Ticketmaster and Archtics software a plus.