Manager of Business Development - Kansas City Mavericks (Independence · MO)
Kansas City Mavericks jobs
Sports Jobs in Independence · MO
Sponsorship Sales & Activation: Sponsorship Services/Activation
The Kansas City Mavericks are looking to fill the Manager of Business Development position. The ideal individual will have a professional demeanor, with the ability to communicate clearly to executives at all levels (both internally and externally). Candidate will be detail oriented, well organized, and have the ability to manage various tasks simultaneously and meet demanding deadlines. The ability to work independently by taking initiative, recommending solutions and making informed decisions is a must.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee and execute all elements of Kansas City Mavericks sponsorship contracts, including TV and radio media, digital assets, website/social media, print advertising, arena signage, special events, hospitality and in-game promotions.
- Facilitate the production and placement of all partnership assets in coordination with the partners marketing department, agency, or ownership.
- Generate and maintain leads for corporate sponsorships.
- Be a strategic thinker, acting as a consultant for Mavericks corporate partners, showing knowledge and expertise in their respective categories.
- Assist in the detailed coordination of multiple high-profile events and game day experiences.
- Promotion and execution of theme nights and other promotions during the season.
- Serve as the primary internal and external contact for execution and fulfillment of assigned partnership agreements for partnership growth
- Create added value and up-sell opportunities for existing Corporate Partners
- Track and compile appropriate metrics that demonstrate ROI, ROE, and growth opportunities for Kansas City Mavericks corporate partners
- Work in accordance with Mavericks partners to create awareness and financial growth for assigned charitable organizations through events, auctions, chuck-a-puck.
- Coordinate and Fulfill Programs; including, but not limited to events, auctions, and in-game experiences.
- Other duties as assigned or needed.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
- Availability and willingness to work all Kansas City Mavericks home games and assigned events
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop and Data Base Management
- Experience in developing activation marketing plans, promotions, presentations, proposals and demonstrated knowledge of general promotional concepts and marketing principles
- Ability to develop and maintain interpersonal and corporate relationships
- Strong organizational skills, time management and attention to detail
- Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Self-starter, with ability to work independently or as part of a team
Are you proficient in Microsoft Suite?