The Kansas City Mavericks are members of the ECHL—the Premier ‘AA’ Hockey League in North America. Founded in 2009, the Mavericks are entering their ninth season in team history at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena and first season after rebranding to the Kansas City Mavericks. The Mavericks won the Brabham Cup after posting a league-leading record of 52-15-5 during the 2015-16 ECHL season and have been honored with multiple community and league awards including the Harry S. Truman Special Community Service Recognition Award, the Bud Poile Governors’ Cup (CHL), and the CHL Franchise of the Year Award for four consecutive seasons.
The Kansas City Mavericks are seeking engaging, determined individuals looking to pursue a career in the sports communications industry. Through this internship, the candidate will join the Kansas City Mavericks staff for the 2017-18 season, working in a fast-paced environment as part of a team contributing to the publicity efforts of the Kansas City Mavericks.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Assistance with game-night photography, providing photos to fulfill action shot requirements as well as corporate obligations for sponsors and promotions.
- Must be available for all remaining Mavericks home games (2017-18 season) as well as miscellaneous public or media events
- This internship will require work on nights, weekends and holidays
Ideal candidate will:
- At least 1 year of photography experience
- Strong knowledge of hockey
- Have demonstrated photography talent in a sports setting
- Proven experience to work with and be trusted with confidential information
- Ability to meet goals on deadline
- Ability to work as part of a team
• Must be able to receive college credit (graduate or undergraduate) for the internship
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Above average computer skills in Microsoft
• Proven experience to appropriately work with and around confidential information
• Flexible schedule – ability to work nights and weekends
· Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Commitment to all remaining regular season home games (2017-18 season)
- Provide additional assistance in the administrative office and on the event level as needed