Staff Accountant/Hr Coordinator - Jacksonville Icemen (Jacksonville · FL)
Jacksonville Icemen jobs
Sports Jobs in Jacksonville · FL
Accounting and Finance: Accounting/Finance other
Scope and Nature of Role
The Staff Accountant/HR Coordinator is responsible for all day-to-day accounting activities for the facility and compiling monthly financial reports for the Jacksonville Icemen Igloo Facility. The right candidate will be self-motivated, work well both independently and in team environments and be extremely detail oriented.
- Makes daily journal entries from report exported from rink management and point-of-sale systems
- Analyzes and reconciles general ledger accounts.
- Runs monthly P&L reports by department and submits to CFO for review.
- Performs all accounts receivable functions including but not limited to applying payments to appropriate accounts, monthly invoicing, reconciling customer accounts, and handling customer inquiries.
- Performs accounts payable functions including but not limited to verifying invoices, expense reports, check requests, and purchase requisitions, entering data into Quickbooks and processing weekly check runs.
- Performs daily banking procedures including cash deposits and reconciles petty cash
- Performs monthly bank reconciliations and researches discrepancies
- Maintains fixed asset and related depreciation schedules with the assistance of the CFO
- Prepares monthly sales tax returns
- Assists with the preparation of annual budgets
- Coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures
- Reviews and analyzes the facility's accounting operation and makes recommendations improvements.
- Compiles reports on facility programming as requested
- Maintain confidentiality of all financial data
Human Resources Responsibilities
- Conducts new hire orientation process including confirming proper paperwork is completed, reviewing the employee handbook, building tours and introductions to management.
- Enters and updates employee information into payroll system as needed
- Performs payroll functions including processing bi-weekly payroll, answering employee questions, fixing processing errors, and distributing checks
- Assists with the administration of benefit programs
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Acts as a liaison between the organization and external benefits providers and vendors, which may include health, disability, and retirement plan providers.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
- Maintains confidentiality of all employee information.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- Minimum three years of related experience required.
- Proficient in Quickbooks and Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Ability to accurately prepare reports and business correspondence.
- Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Do you have a Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field?
Do you have a minimum three years of related experience?
Do you have housing in the Jacksonville area?
What are your salary requirements?