Chief Financial Officer with Jacksonville Icemen in Jacksonville · FL
Jacksonville Icemen jobs
Sports Jobs in Jacksonville · FL
Accounting and Finance: CFO
Under the general direction of the Chief Executive Officer, this position participates as a member of the senior management team and is responsible for the development and implementation of the strategic plan. This position also develops and provides strategic guidance for the effective management of Zawyer Sports Accounting and Finance functions and the effective operation of all processing and member service functions within Zawyer Sports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain accurate accounting and book-keeping records using software for Jacksonville Icemen and Igloo. Oversee book-keeping personnel at other Zawyer Sports properties.
- Journal entries
- Balance sheet
- Cash Flow reports
- Insure cash control systems and all cash management
- Budget control and reporting
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Liaison with Accounting firm
- Track the company's and its units financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Seek out methods for minimizing financial risk to the company
- Research and analyze financial reports and market trends
- Provide information and expectations to Executive Team to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation
- Responsible for laying out the shared services plan
- Insure that all Zawyer Sports properties are in compliance for all reporting to government agencies and investors
- Monitor business units for their reporting of HR issues
- Preparation and distribution of tax return and K1 reporting
- Responsible for PPP and other government grants application and reporting
- Handling all insurance including G/L, worker’s comp, employee benefits and other insurances outside of the player/hockey staffs. Work with the President on the player/hockey staff worker’s comp.
- Update government annual reporting for all units.
Required, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be capable of handling multiple projects and working with others effectively and professionally
- Must be detail oriented and capable of resolving issues that arise
- Must have a strong sense of customer service in order to handle inquiries appropriately and in a timely, professional manner
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (MA/MBA preferred) in Business, Management, Accounting or closely related field required.
- CPA or equivalent professional certification is strongly preferred.
- At least five to eight years of professional experience, including managing the finance and administration of an organization
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have at least 5 years of professional experience managing the finance for an organization?
What are your salary expectations?
Do you currently reside in the Jacksonville area?