Internship Program - Iowa Heartlanders (Coralville · IA)
Community Relations and Events
Game Day Operations
Marketing, Engagement, and Social Media
Ticket Sales and Services
Director, Communications and Broadcaster
Coordinator, Marketing and Engagement
Director, Corporate Partnerships
Director, Game Day Operations
Coordinator, Marketing and Engagement
Director, Ticket Sales and Services
The internship program and all internship participant and supervisor selections are overseen by the Vice President, Business Operations and Engagement.
About the Iowa Heartlanders
The Iowa Heartlanders are a professional hockey team based in Coralville, Iowa, competing in the East Coast Hockey League (ECHL). The Iowa Heartlanders are an expansion team in their second season. The Iowa Heartlanders are the AA affiliate of the Minnesota and Iowa Wild. In our commitment to build and maintain our storied legacy, the Iowa Heartlanders look to attract and retain the best talent not just on the ice but in the front office as well. It is shared our responsibility to maintain the first-class reputation associated with franchise in all aspects of our business.
About the East Coast Hockey League (ECHL)
he ECHL is a mid-level professional ice hockey league based in Shrewsbury, New Jersey and was established in 1988 with five teams in four states. The ECHL has grown into a coast-to-coast league with 27 teams in 20 states and two Canadian provinces and is the premier AA professional hockey league of the NHL. There have been over 700 players who have gone to play in the National Hockey League after starting their careers in the ECHL.
Job Description Overview
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work alongside department supervisor completing various duties and responsibilities as outlined by each department supervisor
- Participate in meetings offering individual progress updates and support to other team members to maximize customer service, retention efforts, and sales performance
- Uphold the Heartlanders mission and core values at all events and through all programming
- Current college student or recent graduate
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, detailed oriented, and proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Self-starter with the ability to independently prioritize workload and manage time and tasks to exceed expectations
- Works well under pressure within a fast-paced, team driven, goal-based environment while maintaining a positive “can-do” attitude
- Strong customer service skills that showcase the customer centric approach. Interacting with fans, customers, and clients in a timely, positive, and enthusiastic approach.
- Goal oriented with a proven past of meeting and exceeding goals
- Works well in both independent and collaborative team-based environments
- Must maintain complete confidentiality of privileged and/or sensitive information
- Ability to work both non-traditional hours and in varying working conditions. Including but not limited to sitting and/or standing for long periods of time, ability to climb stairs, ability to work both indoors and outdoors, and endure weather conditions
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Must have a valid drivers license and own transportation
- Ability to provide proof of current COVID-19 Vaccination status
There is potential/opportunity for unpaid interns either/not receiving college credit to also work within a game day operations staffing paid position to meet required hours while being compensated.
Internships will start either 8/1, 9/1, 10/1, or 1/17 and run until the conclusion of the season (April 2023).
Please indicate with what department you are interested in interning with (Communications, Community Relations and Events, Corporate Partnerships, Game Day Operations, Graphic Design, Marketing (Creative Services and Engagement, Social Media and Engagement, and Video/Media Production), Mascot, and Videographer).
Do you have a flexible schedule (including nights, weekends, and holiday?)
Do you have transportation to and from Xtream Arena?
Are you able to attend a majority of all (36) Iowa Heartlanders home game throughout the 2022-2023 season?