Department: Gameday Operations
Reports To: Director, Game Day Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
About the Iowa Heartlanders:
The Iowa Heartlanders are a professional hockey team based in Coralville, Iowa, competing in the East Coast Hockey League (ECHL). The Iowa Heartlanders are an expansion team in their second season. The Iowa Heartlanders are the AA affiliate of the Minnesota and Iowa Wild. In our commitment to build and maintain our storied legacy, the Iowa Heartlanders look to attract and retain the best talent not just on the ice but in the front office as well. It is shared our responsibility to maintain the first-class reputation associated with franchise in all aspects of our business.
About the East Coast Hockey League (ECHL): The ECHL is a mid-level professional ice hockey league based in Shrewsbury, New Jersey and was established in 1988 with five teams in four states. The ECHL has grown into a coast-to-coast league with 27 teams in 20 states and two Canadian provinces and is the premier AA professional hockey league of the NHL. There have been over 700 players who have gone to play in the National Hockey League after starting their careers in the ECHL.
Job Description Overview: The Iowa Heartlanders are seeking motivated individuals for our 2023-2024 Game Day Operations and Productions team. This opportunity is open to college level students and/or recent graduates looking to gain real world game day experience to position themselves for a career in the sports industry.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in game day operations and production with game-day planning and execution
- Pre-game setup, post-game breakdown, in-game on ice activations, and assisting with the supervision of the game day staff
- Assist with partnership fulfillment and activations
- Assist with daily business operations
- Assist with all aspects of game day operations including but not limited to arena set up, pregame events and fan interaction.
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Organized, motivated, and able to work both independently and in a team environment
- Expected to be available for most/all homes games and special events
- Must be eligible to receive academic credit for an internship from a college or university
- Must have transportation to and from Xtream Arena
- Must be located in the Coralville/Iowa City area during the internship
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duty’s responsibilities required of the employee. The Iowa Heartlanders are an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.
The Iowa Heartlanders require a Covid-19 vaccination and booster as condition of employment, subject to exception under applicable law.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.