Director of Game Operations - Iowa Heartlanders (Coralville · IA)
Iowa Heartlanders jobs
Sports Jobs in Coralville · IA
Marketing: Game Operations/Presentation
JOB SUMMARY: The Iowa Heartlanders are seeking a dynamic, creative, organized Director of Game Operations. The Director of Game Operations is responsible for coordinating all gameday activities and promotions. As the Director of Game Operations, you are integral in maximizing the fan experience during the game, in the newly opened state of the art Xtream Arena.
- Dedicated to providing the best fan experience in the ECHL.
- Hiring and managing of all game day staff.
- Oversee game day staff to ensure all areas are executed.
- Serve as liaison between organization and the venue from an operations standpoint.
- Create gameday script and other necessary materials for all vendors and staff members.
- Meet regularly with corporate partnerships, ticketing, and marketing departments to determine details of upcoming game night.
- Direct and supervise the activities of various roles, including music coordinator, game day announcer, off-ice officials, volunteers, and promotions support staff.
- Schedule and supervise volunteer crew at all home games.
- Work with marketing and promotions team to coordinate additional non-gameday events and programming.
- Work home games and other special events that include night and weekend work.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in game operations in sport and/or sponsorship activation is required, preferably in a supervisory role.
- Prior experience in hockey is a plus.
- Motivated self-starter, with creative ideas, and the ability to lead by example.
- Understanding of video production and delivery.
- Willing to accept the challenge and dedication required to grow an organization and a loyal fan base.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite Office.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Ability to engage and have fun with fans in attendance at games.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.