Community Relations Coordinator - Iowa Heartlanders (Coralville · IA)
Iowa Heartlanders jobs
Sports Jobs in Coralville · IA
Communications/Community Relations: Community Relations
JOB SUMMARY: The Iowa Heartlanders are seeking a creative, enthusiastic, highly motivated Community Relations Coordinator who wants to build brand awareness for the Iowa Heartlanders in the community. This community relations position is responsible for creating and implementing community activities, initiatives, and player/mascot appearances.
- Develop community relations calendar for the Iowa Heartlanders.
- Plan, develop, and implement community relations activities and initiatives that promote and increase awareness of the team throughout the region and make a positive impact on the community.
- Analyze given metrics to determine which events the clubs should be involved in.
- Coordinate and schedule programs/events on site and in the community including player and mascot appearances, school visits and Heartlanders reading program.
- Manage, sell, and develop Iowa Heartlanders community programs, promote and sell our non-profit fundraising program, engage schools in education days, work with front office to strengthen our ties with the community.
- Manage all Iowa Heartlanders donation requests.
- Work with team sponsors/partners to fulfill obligations and jointly promote community events and charitable and fundraising initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years work experience with a professional sports or entertainment organization/in community relations preferred.
- Exceptional attention to detail, written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to work with different personalities.
- Creative, energetic, and proactive mentality.
- Highly organized, quick learner, and ability to multitask to meet competing deadlines.
- High level of demonstrated professionalism and integrity.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and demonstrated ability to make quick decisions using sound judgment.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.